FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Look what came in the mail!
Look what came in the mail!
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 06:41 am   Permalink

So I go out to the mailbox yesterday to collect my usual junkmail and bills. But this time there was a large envelope inside the box with an Australian address. There's only one person I know from Australia, Hewey! Imagine my delight when I opened the envelope to find this:

I was so happy! This is not a copy, this is the real thing. And he just sent it to be nice. Big mahalo Hewey! How weird too that it came the day before my birthday. What a great way to kick off the weekend. This is going to look great on my tiki bar wall when it's done.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 06:55 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday mate, glad you liked it! I wanted to find out how it would survive the trip and I already had your address. Also, you wanted the "tiki delivery service" to stop by...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is actually a copy. The original one had a "tiki bus" plate. I covered the original plate and copied it, putting Finkdaddy there (you will notice this is slightly darker). I gave her a good grillin for that weathered look, and then tore the edges off. The black base was to support it as much as a background. Size of the black backing is just under A4 size.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 07:24 am   Permalink

It's all good, copy or no. Boy, when you look closely it still doesn't look like a copy, good job. Thanks again. I love this place!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 07:44 am   Permalink

I amazes me how kind and generous people are here on tc. good on ya hewey and happy b day finkdaddy...kirby

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 10:56 am   Permalink

Another random act of tiki.
Birthday MM and way to go Hewey.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 11:01 am   Permalink

nice guy that Hewey. A kindly chap

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2005-05-27 8:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-27 07:44, kirby wrote:
I amazes me how kind and generous people are here on tc.

Why, thank you. Now stop, please... you're embarassing me.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-28 05:59 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday Finkdaddy...and nice drawing
Hewey....

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation