FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Vegas Vic's Podcast!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Vegas Vic's Podcast!
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-27 3:49 pm   Permalink

I finally got around to creating a podcast show. You can subscribe to the feed
here. Will be trying to create a new show about all of our favorite stuff (tunes, cocktails, tiki events) each week.

Enjoy!

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bar

Posted: 2005-05-30 01:54 am   Permalink

Sounds great!! Like to tune in on Vic's radio but this 'podcasting' is also a nice concept.

View Profile of Beach Bar Send a personal message to Beach Bar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 10:52 am   Permalink

iTuning in...

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 6:32 pm   Permalink

Just posted podcast #3: The Hawaiian Show. Classic tracks from legendary Hawaiian artists including Eddie Kamae, Hilo Hattie, Genoa Keawe, Alfred Apaka, Roy Smeck, and more.

Aloha,

Vic

P.S. Instructions for subscribing are now on my
home page. Also, don't forget to vote!

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 6:46 pm   Permalink

FYI #3: I got a file not found error... Will check back later.

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-03 10:16 pm   Permalink

that would be awsome if i had an ipod!!...kirby

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
new2tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-06 06:02 am   Permalink

Listened to about half of Vic's first podcast today, on my way to work....WOW!!

Great, great stuff, Vic. I need to work on my MP3 to Car Stereo interface, but overall I'm impressed. I, for one, really appreciate it. It's a great asset to the Tiki Community.

For those of you new to the podcast thing (as I am) don't get hung up on the "iPod" part...totally not necessary! While the iPod rocks, all you need to listen to a podcast is a computer. Check out Vic's site--it gives instructions how to get an ipod client program that will keep you updated with new shows, and you can either load the MP3 files onto some other type of MP3 player, listen to them on the computer, or even burn them to a CD if you wanted to.

If you're on Tikicentral, you can listen to a podcast.

Happy listening!!

Scott

View Profile of new2tiki Send a personal message to new2tiki  Email new2tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 2:11 pm   Permalink

Vic -
Have been listening to these, and they're terrific! Great music, it's really giving me some great tunes to look for out there in thriftland. Thanks for the great show, please keep it up - it makes my hellish DC commute oh so very better.

Cheers,
Rupe

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 5:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-06 06:02, new2tiki wrote:
For those of you new to the podcast thing (as I am) don't get hung up on the "iPod" part...totally not necessary! While the iPod rocks, all you need to listen to a podcast is a computer.

Thanks for that info, new2tiki. I assumed it was an "iPod" thing only.

Vic, the shows are great but is there any way to up the bit rate sample?? At least maybe to 128kbps? 56 sounds a bit like AM radio, not that that's a terrible thing but you know... We wouldn't mind the extra d/l time if it's not a legal type thing. Thanks. You kind of sound like Tom Snyder on the Late Late Show.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 8:04 pm   Permalink

I'm downloading ipod-x right now so I can listen too. Is there a reason one needs a "podcasting client"? Isn't a podcast just a big mp3 file? Will all become clear when the download is complete?

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
new2tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-08 12:33 pm   Permalink

Spy-tiki:

I think the only benefit is that you automatically get the file when a new one is published.

But then again, I could be wrong.

Scott

View Profile of new2tiki Send a personal message to new2tiki  Email new2tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
new2tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-08 12:33 pm   Permalink

DOH! *homer simpson style*

Double post.

[ This Message was edited by: new2tiki on 2005-06-08 16:59 ]

rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 2:28 pm   Permalink

Yes, I think that's the main reason to get a podcasting client - to automate the downloads like a subscription. In my case, mine ports the audio right into iTunes so whenever there are new podcasts downloaded, they go right onto my machine when I sync it up.

One tip: if you are using iTunes, you can make a "Latest Podcasts" smart playlist. When setting it up, choose genre=podcast and playcount=0 (zero). This will make a list of any podcasts you've not listened to yet! If you have "Live Updating" set up too, it'll move any ones you've already listened to out of the playlist automatically. Of course, this is dependent on your actual content getting tagged as such. Most of the ones I'm listening to (Dawn & Drew, Keith & The Girl, Vegas Vic, etc.) are good about doing so.

Cheers,
Rupe

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-12 11:00 am   Permalink

Posted podcast # 4 - The 3 Kings Show. Focus is on 3 artists; Les Baxter, Martin Denny, and Arthur Lyman. A little hungover during recording, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Future shows in the works include focus on Tahiti, Percussion/Bongos, Belly Dance, and "The Canon".

Vic

new2tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-12 2:58 pm   Permalink

Vic:

If you're taking requests, since you're a vegas guy, how about something like "The Rat Pack" or some such? Capturing the Heyday of Vegas as a hip spot?

I picked up a cool Ultra-lounge CD at a garage sale a few weeks ago (for .25!!!) that would be just about perfect...

Just a suggestion. Keep the good stuff coming!

Scott
Savannah, GA

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation