FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Vegas Vic's Podcast!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Vegas Vic's Podcast!
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-29 3:20 pm   Permalink

Posted Podcast # 25 - New Friends. In this episode, Vic plays tracks from new Exotica and Instrumental Surf artists, plus Cocktail of the Week!

Don't forget to vote at PodcastAlley.

Aloha,

Vic

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikigoob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-29 6:42 pm   Permalink

Vegas Vic,
Wow! Podcast #25 is awesome!
Thanks for playing The Intoxicators!

View Profile of Tikigoob Send a personal message to Tikigoob  Email Tikigoob Goto the website of Tikigoob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 1:45 pm   Permalink

Posted Podcast # 26 - Wide World of Surf. In this all-world episode, Vic plays tracks by Instrumental Surf bands from around the globe, plus Tiki News and Cocktail of the Week!

Don't forget to vote at PodcastAlley.

Aloha,

Vic

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-12 11:15 am   Permalink

Just posted Podcast #27 - Surf Vol. 4. In this week's show, Vic plays more reverb-drenched instro Surf music and promotes upcoming shows from some great working bands; including:

Los Cobras, The Nebulas, theUNIDENTIFIED, The Surfonics, Kelp, The Bosch, Surfalicious Dudes, The Verbtones, The Tarantinos, This Spy Surfs, The Atomic Mosquitos, The Fathoms, Apehangers, Pollo Del Mar, The Pyronauts, and Los Straitjackets.

All that, plus COCKTAIL OF THE WEEK!

Aloha,

Vic

[ This Message was edited by: vegasvic 2005-11-13 05:16 ]

vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 2:18 pm   Permalink

Just posted Podcast #28 - Surf Vol. 5. In this week's show, Vic plays more reverb-drenched instro Surf.

Aloha,

Vic

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 1:01 pm   Permalink

ACK! Too much surf!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-05 12:35 pm   Permalink

I like the show now. But one thing, what happend to the old format? I liked it better when you focused on one artist like Marten Denny or one song like Voodoo. you should do more of that stuff. I do like the surf stuff (in small bits) but not as much as the classic Exotica stuff.

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-05 12:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-21 13:01, pappythesailor wrote:
ACK! Too much surf!

I totaly hear that!

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-05 3:07 pm   Permalink

I hear everyone. I will be switching back and forth between Exotica and Surf. Don't worry

Big Holiday podcast in the works now.

Aloha,

Vic

tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-05 4:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-05 15:07, vegasvic wrote:
I hear everyone. I will be switching back and forth between Exotica and Surf. Don't worry

Big Holiday podcast in the works now.

Aloha,

Vic

Awsome!

tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-06 12:31 am   Permalink

Nice job Vic.

Any period music is great to hear, plus the podcast format makes it dead easy for us lot in the UK to tune in anytime.

Keep up the good work.

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-10 7:22 pm   Permalink

Just posted Podcast #30 - Cops, Spies, and Private Eyes. In this week's show, Vic plays spy-inspired surf, classic crime jazz, and TV Cop Show and Spy Film soundtracks.

Aloha,

Vic

vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-18 12:11 pm   Permalink

Just posted Podcast #31 - Mele Kalikimaka. In this week's show, Vic plays Hawaiian and Exotica holiday-themed tracks, including selected cuts from Arthur Lyman, The Paradise Islanders, 49th State Records, The Waikikis, and many, many more.

Aloha,

Vic

johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-20 10:23 am   Permalink

A Mele Kalikimaka to you Vic. Thanks for the awesome holiday podcast! I listened to it while setting up the Festivus pole.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-20 3:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-20 10:23, johnman wrote:
A Mele Kalikimaka to you Vic. Thanks for the awesome holiday podcast!

Thanks johnman! I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I spent about a long time acquiring the records used in that podcast. I've been waiting months to use them

Vic

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation