FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Vegas Vic's Podcast!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Vegas Vic's Podcast!
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-24 2:56 pm   Permalink

Just posted Podcast No. 32 - Happy Surfin' New Year! In this episode Vic plays tracks from and promotes New Year's Eve gigs for some excellent instro surf bands. Plus Vic's Top 10 Hangover tips!

Mele Kalikimaka and Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Vic

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-27 2:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks Vic for podcast #31 (the Christmas show). It was truly great. Your show provided a perfect soundtrack to our Christmas dinner! My kids really liked the Hawaiian "12 Days of Christmas"! I'm sure it took a long time to collect all this music and I'm very grateful for your sharing it with us.

Happy New Year!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pik0

Posted: 2006-01-10 3:36 pm   Permalink

Ditto!! I've been listening to Bruddah Vic's podcast since about July!! Brah!! You smokin!!

Piko

View Profile of pik0 Send a personal message to pik0  Email pik0 Goto the website of pik0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-16 12:20 pm   Permalink

Just posted Podcast No. 34 - Focus on Les Baxter, Part 1. In part one of a multi-part retrospective, Vic focuses on the early years of exotica legend Les Baxter's recording career -- roughly spanning the period of 1947 to 1959.

Les Baxter
Mar 14, 1922 - Jan 15, 1996

Aloha,

Vic

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-16 5:42 pm   Permalink

Aloha -

The last two podcasts, #49 and 50 (appropriately) are tributes to 49th State Records. The
first focuses on the Hawaiian records in the 3400 series, and the second features tracks from the Polynesian, Japanese and Asian themed LP's.

Two holes in the collection: LP-3429 Evening in Paradise and LP-3459 Modern Japan Dances. I've never seen these albums on eBay or anywhere else. I'd really be interested if anyone has a copy.

Vic

tiki tia

Posted: 2006-09-18 5:38 pm   Permalink

Subscribing to that podcast for sure... and of course adding you on myspace
Keep it up VIC!!! Love it!

p.s.
This is the first ever podcast i've ever subscribed to... so now i KNOW thats DARN GOOD... ahahha

[ This Message was edited by: tiki tia 2006-09-18 17:42 ]

View Profile of tiki tia Send a personal message to tiki tia  Goto the website of tiki tia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 6:53 pm   Permalink

The 49th State show I heard was fantastic! Excellent work Vic.

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation