[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Capt'n Skully's Tiki #1 Finished
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Capt'n Skully's Tiki #1 Finished
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 5:09 pm   Permalink

Skully, That is one FINE Tiki. You MUST get busy and carve more. And Don't keep it under wraps for so long.
Sorry I have such large posts. I like the way you kept yours clean and small with the link to the progression pix. I'm not sure how to do that so ....

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 5:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ben and Rodeotiki! Much Appreciated.

It's all I can do not to start stripping the next log tonite...

[ This Message was edited by: Capt'n Skully on 2005-06-23 22:04 ]

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 9:22 pm   Permalink

Quite a finish, Skully! It looks somehow traditional with a modern art twist. Really nice work. It's hard to believe that it's palm with that kind of sharp detail. You should try some hardwood someday. So what's next?

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 10:28 pm   Permalink

A perfect tiki! it's great!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-24 06:44 am   Permalink

Man, Capt - what a fine tiki! He looks like he weighs a ton, and the lines are so clean. Great color too! This CAN'T be the first one ever, is it??!?! Thanks for posting this beauty!

www.samgambino.com

[ This Message was edited by: Sam Gambino on 2005-06-24 06:46 ]

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ManoKoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-24 09:33 am   Permalink

I see a lot of new or first carvings and have never paid a compliment to any of them. I know that people put thought and care into their carvings but I haven't seen anywhere near the amount of ALOHA that shows through in your "Big Scary". I can see you have a solid grasp of 3d design and have taken time to achieve your percieved ideal and for this your passion has manifested in such a fine piece and resonates by the compliments of others.

Big MAHALO to you for sharing.

"Be excellent to each other, and . . . "

View Profile of ManoKoa Send a personal message to ManoKoa  Email ManoKoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-24 09:52 am   Permalink

Yep, great work Skully, lookin' forward to another.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-25 11:39 am   Permalink

Thanks again- your comments are greatly appreciated!

I'm thinking of doing a marquesan style next. Will post the sketches while I try to track down some better wood... My next log has unwelcome "guests".

Anyone have any suggestions where I could find some of that nice white pine in Florida?

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-26 06:13 am   Permalink

Awesome tiki. I also can't beleive that is your first tiki carving - unbloody believable.

Also love the progress page. Great for a "how to".

Of course, now you have to carve more!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-26 09:50 am   Permalink

Nice lookin finished product there, capt. Can't wait to see the next...marq? cool!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation