advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving My First Tiki Chair
My First Tiki Chair
Johnny Mac

Posted: 2005-05-29 6:21 pm   Permalink

Hi all... This is first shot at a tiki chair. I wanted to make something that would look good next to the tiki bar. Let me know what you think

Johnny Mac

View Profile of Johnny Mac Send a personal message to Johnny Mac  Email Johnny Mac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-29 6:29 pm   Permalink

i think its sweet, is it painted with an air brush?...kirby

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-29 6:33 pm   Permalink

Sweeeeeetttt!!! Nice looking chair!

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-29 7:57 pm   Permalink

Looks great! Margaritaville has chairs like that... Always thought they were nice!

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Mac

Posted: 2005-05-29 8:45 pm   Permalink

Yes....I air brushed it and also did some hand painting for the detail work. I saw the chairs on the margaritaville site and I was not impressed with the art work or the $400 price tag so I figured I try my own design.

View Profile of Johnny Mac Send a personal message to Johnny Mac  Email Johnny Mac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 02:35 am   Permalink

Nice, but one problem - only one chair! Where are you gonna sit when I come over!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flacookz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 1:27 pm   Permalink

Nice Stuf how long have u been airbrushing?

View Profile of flacookz Send a personal message to flacookz  Email flacookz Goto the website of flacookz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 1:50 pm   Permalink

neat chair! two things I learned when airbrushing:
a)friskit is evil
b)wear a face mask or you will have technicolor snot.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Peel
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-30 2:00 pm   Permalink

Awsome paint job, what kind of gun and paint?

View Profile of Peel Send a personal message to Peel      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Mac

Posted: 2005-05-30 3:02 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback. I've been airbrushing for 20 years. I use a Paasche VL3. I know there are better airbrushes out there but pound for pound nothing holds up like a Paasche VL. I've been using Createx paints for about 15 years. I swear by them. I never use a frisket, it all free hand with the exception of a torn piece of cardboard here and there. After the paint job is done, I coat it with five coats of clear. I'll try and post some of my other works shortly. Johnny Mac

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation