FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Living Tikis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Living Tikis
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-02 12:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks Buzzy, that is whom I was referring too.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-02 12:58 pm   Permalink

Tikimanocean, I looked at your gallery and you have the exact same style as "Tiki Tom"
from those early photos in the beginning of this thread, enough so, I would say your the same guy.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=45841&forum=21&0

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikimanocean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-02 1:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-02 12:58, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Tikimanocean, I looked at your gallery and you have the exact same style as "Tiki Tom"
from those early photos in the beginning of this thread, enough so, I would say your the same guy.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=45841&forum=21&0

Sorry you are incorrect tiki tom started carving after me in carlsbad and then he showed tiki bill in oceanside i have been carving longer than either one im sorry you think i am him would you like me to post my picture

View Profile of Tikimanocean Send a personal message to Tikimanocean      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikimanocean

Posted: 2013-08-02 1:10 pm   Permalink

Man i am getting a bad wrap so far being accussed of getting kicked out of tiki bash which was prob tiki daddy another person who followed me after tom and bill im sorry ive made over 500 tikis in the county my own style have never been to any functions i really admire everybodys work on this site and thought i would join but maybe i am not welcomed here i am just an artist my name is anthony senvisky and i grew up in carlsbad and i was definitely one of the first around here if not the first to carve a living tree the first one in escondido off nordahl road in 2000

View Profile of Tikimanocean Send a personal message to Tikimanocean      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikimanocean

Posted: 2013-08-02 1:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks for clearing that up for me i haven't done any bad business ever

[ This Message was edited by: Tikimanocean 2013-08-02 13:22 ]

Tikimanocean

Posted: 2013-08-02 1:26 pm   Permalink

I also carved the palms at the ocean palms beach resort
But i did not carve those canarys at the carlsbad lagoon that was tiki tom
If you look at the two different locations mine are completey different and i believe much cleaner looking

Tikimanocean

Posted: 2013-08-02 1:27 pm   Permalink

Is tiki tom even on this site anymore or still carving?

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-02 1:47 pm   Permalink

Good to know, I was not accusing, just asking
it is amazing how the two of you share the same style?
looks like you guys are influenced by Wayne Coombs.

Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2013-08-02 1:57 pm   Permalink

I think ATP is getting confused. The Tikis at the beginning of this thread (the ones at the Ocean Palms) were not carved by Tiki Tom but by Tikimanocean. Al was only guessing when he said Tiki Tom.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-02 2:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks for straighting me out Karl, that explains why
the style is the same, (Tikimanocean is the original artist pictured, not Tiki Tom)
sorry Tikimanocean for the confusion.

Tikimanocean

Posted: 2013-08-02 3:06 pm   Permalink

Reply thanks guys for clearing it up i really appreciate it i will stop soaking in it your right i will post more older pics when i have time! I know that tiki tom and tiki daddy were a little bit shady and i didn't want to get mixed up with them. I have never seen or heard of Wayne Coombs but i will like to see his work.

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-02 3:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Sorry you are incorrect tiki tom started carving after me in carlsbad and then he showed tiki bill in oceanside i have been carving longer than either one im sorry you think i am him would you like me to post my picture

Hey there Anthony!
Just for the record, Tom did not "show me how to carve'. I started in 2000, and was carving for a few years before ever meeting Tom. He did share his wood source with me, though, which was cool. I don't think he was ever on this site, maybe I'm wrong.

Everyone else, I knew both Tom and Anthony (tikimanocean) when I lived in Carlsbad, not the same guy, as already established.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikimanocean

Posted: 2013-08-02 6:44 pm   Permalink

Good deal Bill thanks for the info i used to see your tikis in fire mountain and thought they were very nice and detailed!

Tikimanocean

Posted: 2013-08-02 6:49 pm   Permalink

Bill tiki Tom claimed he taught you when you guys picked up the wood from me at the lagoon so you know thats the impression I was under.

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-15 4:24 pm   Permalink

Wayne Coombs influenced?

I don't see it. at all....

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation