FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving tikis by marcus thorn
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 Next Page )
tikis by marcus thorn
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-27 1:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ben, GMan and Moon Tiki - it is very good karma and I think this tiki shows in his face that he is a special one.

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 2:05 pm   Permalink

Nice looking tiki! What was applied to it in the second photo? It looks like you lightened it, before you darkened it!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 2:59 pm   Permalink

Hey Marcus, I'm loving your stuff - very crisp and really nice textures. I'm a big fan of surf/tiki crossover work.
Is there much of a tiki scene in Aus? I'm from there originally but in NZ now. There's not much happening here, which is a shame because there are probably more carvers per square foot here than anywhere else in the world!
I'm gonna be back over there next year, do you know of any tiki bars in Sydney? I'm guessing the Gold Coast would be more likely...

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 7:39 pm   Permalink

that's what I love about tiki peeps. Always willing to donate and give a little extra. Marcus, that was a great gesture you did and I hope that you get some business and tiki converts from your generosity.
for a "simple" tiki, it's pretty NICE. WHat ya got cookin' in the background of your shop? is that a tang?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 7:55 pm   Permalink

Mate I know how busy you are, so to put together something like that is impressive. Well done man! Great thing to do - Im sure the good tiki karma will come back to you - you deserve it!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote

Posted: 2006-06-29 12:33 am   Permalink

Surfintiki - thanks - I burn it, sand it and then stain it.
Paipo - Ahh New Zealand - I would really like to get over there and meet some carvers - the tiki scene is not as big as the USA of course - but what is!! they have been doing it bigger and better for so long - and their tiki bars are awesome! We are giving it a go in Brisbane - we have the surf, sun and of course the tikis - there are no bars here yet - there is one in WA (rumours are that there will be one opening at the Gold Coast next year - stay tuned) Get in touch with me when you are coming over so we can show you around.
Polynesiac - Thankyou - the one in the background is a little Cook Island fella - I usually have a couple on the go at any given time as I am always trying new wood, styles etc etc (frustrates the hell out of my wife hehehehe)
Hewey - thanks mate, how goes the pinstriping - hope you are practising heaps

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 8:06 pm   Permalink

Marcus,

What's on the chopping block? Do you have anything in progress?

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 06:04 am   Permalink

Marcus, I gave you a week of no carving to catch up and you goofed Off, now you are gonna have to work Twice as hard to catch up hehehe.
Make sure you post pix of those commissions you have, we are waiting for more Marcus stuff..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote

Posted: 2006-07-26 6:05 pm   Permalink

Hi y'all - I have been pretty busy - am tikifying a custom car workshop for a new series that is coming out - would be the equivalent of "Rides" - but Aussie version - although most of the cars will be American. I am carving a couple of projects but they are not getting my idivided attention. I will post some pics soon. Thanks for rattling my cage though - nice to know I am missed - Love yous all.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 05:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-26 18:05, tiki beat by marcus thorn wrote:
Hi y'all - I have been pretty busy - am tikifying a custom car workshop for a new series that is coming out - would be the equivalent of "Rides" - but Aussie version - although most of the cars will be American. I am carving a couple of projects but they are not getting my idivided attention. I will post some pics soon. Thanks for rattling my cage though - nice to know I am missed - Love yous all.

Wouldnt happen to be the same place currently working on a certain Buick would it? How is she coming along by the way?

We dont miss [b]you[/i], but we do miss your carvings. We just have to put up with you for you to post them. Maybe we can just get Yvette to post everything and you can go back to the shed and do some bloody carvings instead of reading this! Go!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 07:33 am   Permalink

tough crowd here huh Marcus?

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote

Posted: 2006-07-30 9:33 pm   Permalink

This is Mrs Tiki Beat - Marcus is very busy at the moment (how unusual - he appears to be carving three or four tikis simultaneously!) I have attached photo and email from his new mate John - whom we met at Wintersun while carving - he made the trip all the way to Coolangatta to meet Marcus after reading an article in a Hot Rod Mag. - This little guy is the future of carving - it was a real pleasure to chat with him.

"Hi Marcus, its John from wintersun, here are 2 pictures of my tiki that I carved.
It is pretty rough for the first one but I think it is pretty cool. I bought a tiki cooler from Kustom City at Currumbin and I saw your easter island tiki out the front and the water feature inside they where both way kool!!!
I brought an aerated concrete block and some cheap chisels (from bunnings) and I gonna carve a easter island tiki. Hopefully soon enough it will be just like yours.

Hope you get and like the pics.
Aloha
from your tiki carving buddy
John "

www.tikibeat.com.au

[ This Message was edited by: tiki beat by marcus thorn 2006-08-02 21:14 ]

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-31 12:38 am   Permalink

Good to see you sorted him out Yvette

I am only joking, I do like ya Marcus and I know you're busy as all hell...

Cool to see you inspiring another generation of tiki nuts - too kool! That article in Cruzin reached at least 2 people (well, I dug it too!).

Posted: 2006-08-02 9:03 pm   Permalink

Hi guys - have come up for air - and to post some pics of my current project - this one is another drum tiki - Bongo has created a real following - this guys has been commissioned by a lovely japanese lady - Sumico wanted a happy tiki playing a drum - so I am waiting to see what comes out of this piece of wood - progress so far

back to work for me...talk again soon.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 12:20 am   Permalink

cant wait man!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation