Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Martin Denny's Exotica--- Stereo Label Question
Martin Denny's Exotica--- Stereo Label Question
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-01 02:04 am   Permalink

I have a stereo copy of Exotica up on ebay. The records label says it is EXOTICA VOL II
But the track listing matches Exotica. Is this a weird misprint?

Sorry if I should know this arcane wisdom. I think I used to know the answer, but I'm gettin old and anything that is more than a few years old in my brain is begining to put into the shredder.

I want to make sure I'm not misrepresenting the album. Or missing out on having something that might be a little rarer.

Any info is of help.

Thanks.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-01 09:48 am   Permalink

You'll have to listen to the songs to figure out which record you have.

Could be the right record in the wrong sleeve, or the right record and sleeve wth the wrong label slapped on to it.

Slapping the wrong label onto a piece of vinyl is/was a common mistake.

Not particularly valuable, but an interesting curiosity.

This sort of thing has been going on for years.

I have a CD that is supposedly Secrets of the Beehive by David Sylvian. The CD booklet, tray insert, and even the printing on the disc are all SOTB. But when you play the disc? It is MONTY PYTHON music!

A hilarious screw up by the pressing plant.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-01 1:29 pm   Permalink

Yeah the oddest thing is it says exotica volume two, but it lists the proper tracks for exotica on the label.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-02 3:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I have a CD that is supposedly Secrets of the Beehive by David Sylvian. The CD booklet, tray insert, and even the printing on the disc are all SOTB. But when you play the disc? It is MONTY PYTHON music!

What a shock to the system! Expecting "Orpheus" and getting "Sit On My Face!" That's too funny...

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nightmaretony
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-25 12:54 pm   Permalink

Agreed from another "Orpheus" fan.

movie mixups tend to be a lot of fun as well....

View Profile of Nightmaretony Send a personal message to Nightmaretony  Email Nightmaretony Goto the website of Nightmaretony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation