FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Kapili Room Party Saturday April 8th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Kapili Room Party Saturday April 8th
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 10:01 am   Permalink

Glad I could finally make it--thanks!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-04-10 12:51 pm   Permalink

T. Kihula -
Thanks for having us over - it was a pleasure to hang out in the Kapili Room and really soak up the atmosphere (among other things). That witco fountain is fantastic.

One question though. Naomi noticed what appeared to be steam wafting out of my ears on Sunday - does that mean I drank some of that dry ice?

Also, enjoyed having the visitors over at our place, glad you could stop by. Please remember to dance energetically, but be sensible.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 3:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-10 12:51, aquarj wrote:
Please remember to dance energetically, but be sensible.

-Randy

For you are not of marrying age yet!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 9:37 pm   Permalink

Here's some photos courtesy of Blowfish and Smiley:

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 11:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-09 11:53, TikiHula wrote:
The chocolate fountain was a hit

Yes, I had quite the Augustus Gloop experience with that thing.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 06:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-10 21:37, TikiHula wrote:

So someone tried the experiment! How well did it work? No problem with the CO2 smothering the flame? The flame looks a little orange in that picture.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 07:52 am   Permalink

Once again, I'm bummmed I missed another one of your parties Mike.
It looked like the best one yet. I'll get there some freakin day.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 12:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-12 06:47, freddiefreelance wrote:
So someone tried the experiment! How well did it work? No problem with the CO2 smothering the flame? The flame looks a little orange in that picture.

The first couple of attempts smothered the flame, or kept it really low. Then Mike had the idea to try to light the flame a couple of minutes after the dry ice was added to the drink - that way the CO2 fog would settle down a little. It did indeed work, but the lingering CO2 still cut the flame height down by at least half if not more.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blowfish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 1:15 pm   Permalink

...intalking with Mike about it, the trick to making it work may be using a taller volcano to get it further out of the mix.

Or perhaps design a two chamber drinking bowl... one chamber for the dry ice effects which would allow the 'fog' to seep out the sides of the bowl, the main chamber being the drinking area with a volcano in the middle which would be further away from the escaping gas.

Hmmm... let me patent that idea real quick

View Profile of Blowfish Send a personal message to Blowfish  Email Blowfish Goto the website of Blowfish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 1:28 pm   Permalink

I think I know someone who just may already be working on something kind of like that...but that's more than I should say.

[ This Message was edited by: helztiki 2006-04-12 13:35 ]

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 2:00 pm   Permalink

I think this bowl has a volcano that is higher than the rim. I think it'll probably work with dry ice:
http://www.paradisefoundonline.com/site/745816/product/dw110-big

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-13 3:02 pm   Permalink

Thanks again for the great party, Mike, and for all of your hospitality! I always enjoy my time at the Kapili Room. See you guys at Forbidden Island!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-13 3:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-12 13:15, Blowfish wrote:
...intalking with Mike about it, the trick to making it work may be using a taller volcano to get it further out of the mix.

Or perhaps design a two chamber drinking bowl... one chamber for the dry ice effects which would allow the 'fog' to seep out the sides of the bowl, the main chamber being the drinking area with a volcano in the middle which would be further away from the escaping gas.

Hmmm... let me patent that idea real quick

i think that some of the spanish tiki mugs and bowls have this feature.

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation