advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Starting up
Starting up
Towka

Posted: 2005-06-02 1:40 pm   Permalink

I'm just starting in this bizz called tiki. A good friend got me started and now I'm hooked. I've been lookin at all the talent on Tiki Central, and you guys are great. I hope you guys will like my tikis as much as i like yours.

This is my first Tiki that i made.

It was ran over by a 300 pound man.

Its resting at home, back to its tiki like self, round. I would like to hear your feedback. What do you think about it having war paint?

[ This Message was edited by: Towka on 2005-06-02 14:04 ]

View Profile of Towka Send a personal message to Towka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 5:55 pm   Permalink

How big or small is your tiki, say, in comparison to the 300 lb man?

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Towka

Posted: 2005-06-02 5:57 pm   Permalink

This tiki is 3in. tall. its not that good so try not to laugh. Good work to all of the TC people. This is my very first tiki.

[ This Message was edited by: towka on 2005-06-02 17:59 ]

View Profile of Towka Send a personal message to Towka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 6:20 pm   Permalink

It's not too bad for your first tiki. The main thing to do is jump right in and do another one and try to make it better than the first and then make the third better than the second. I have seen first tikis a Lot worse than yours.
What tools are you using and what kind of wood is it?
Thanks for sharing.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Towka

Posted: 2005-06-02 6:40 pm   Permalink

benzar, my tiki is made from a cardboard wrap. I used my jack knife to carve it and just regular paints. I'll be sure to make the next one better, and out of real wood.

flacookz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 6:49 pm   Permalink

Nice start now go and get some splinters.

View Profile of flacookz Send a personal message to flacookz  Email flacookz Goto the website of flacookz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 9:32 pm   Permalink

Towka, Mahalo Braddah

Welcome to TC and thats a good first tiki. Benzart knows all, so just watch him and you will learn a lot.

I think that war paint under and around the eyes would be a good thing or tiki god thing. Try that on your next one.

Cheers

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 11:43 pm   Permalink

Not too bad for a cardboard wrap! I'll bet you could find a chunk of wood and give it hell! Thanks for posting.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 11:46 pm   Permalink

I thought it was a piece of wood. Now go get some wood and jump in
Welcome aboard

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-03 03:11 am   Permalink

Looks pretty cool for a lump of cardboard! Try some wood - you'll like it! (That doesn't sound pleasant does it)

Welcome to TC

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-03 07:48 am   Permalink

Welcome Towka ! Cardboard? Thats a new one and pretty cool to introduce new medium on your first one! Stick around here and learn from the greatest on the planet. My first Tiki is now rotted into grass chow. (it was a queen palm) Take pics and post often.

Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Towka

Posted: 2005-06-03 12:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the comments. Nextime I carve I'll use real wood, for now I'm making a picture. I'm not quite done but I'll post it as soon I'm finished.

[ This Message was edited by: Towka on 2005-06-03 12:30 ]

OnoTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-04 03:46 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC, keep the work coming.

OnoTiki

View Profile of OnoTiki Send a personal message to OnoTiki  Email OnoTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 08:00 am   Permalink

Keep carving like a mad man!!!! Only way to find a "feel" for it.

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation