FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » The Great Tiki Treasure Hunt starts Thurs., 05/14 at noon pst
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
The Great Tiki Treasure Hunt starts Thurs., 05/14 at noon pst
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 6:14 pm   Permalink

Here's the map showing the location of the winners. IF a clue is somewhere where you think you can't get to it quickly or at all, as I said earlier and from the outset, strike an alliance or find somebody to help you. Many of the emails from the winners indicated that's what they did. It's a treasure hunt... there will ALWAYS be obstacles and hopefully the hunts will always be fun! That's what it's all about.

Mahaloz,
Holden

www.tikifarm.com

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather 2005-08-27 18:15 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 6:37 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 06:53 ]

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-28 6:55 pm   Permalink

WOW!!! 40% (8 out of 20 winners) were NOT in So. CA!!! Nice map Holden!!!! I expect the next Treasure Hunt will have even more spread-out demographics.....Can't wait for the next one!!! Thanks for your work put into it AND your patience!
SoccerTiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-04 11:14 pm   Permalink

Can anyone describe how the game is actually played, or would that give away too much for the next time?

I saw some fuzzy type on the back of the ad that pointed to a location in southern california, but then what were you supposed to do?

The website wasn't even clear about what you were supposed to do with the answer once you got it -- am I daft, not in the right mindset for the game, or missing something because my computer didn't show it?

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 09:20 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 06:52 ]

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 10:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-04 23:14, Hot Lava wrote:
Can anyone describe how the game is actually played, or would that give away too much for the next time?

I saw some fuzzy type on the back of the ad that pointed to a location in southern california, but then what were you supposed to do?

The website wasn't even clear about what you were supposed to do with the answer once you got it -- am I daft, not in the right mindset for the game, or missing something because my computer didn't show it?

I believe we can answer this by referring you back to the original info that Holden provided about the hunt. I don't remember if it was an e-mail or if it was on the website before the clue was posted. In any case, I don't have the exact text anymore, but it said something along the lines that you would have to visit several locations, both real and virtual.
I hope that helps you out. I agree with Tikichic that we shouldn't be giving away the answers, so I don't think I should be any more specific than that.
Good Luck!!!!!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-09-06 5:03 pm   Permalink

WooHooo! I received my booty today Mucho Mahalos to Dagmar & Holden

*I promise everyone will like what they receive.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-07 2:47 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 06:50 ]

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-10-05 3:03 pm   Permalink

It had to happen sooner or later!!!!! One of the winners is selling their "booty" from the Great Tiki Treasure Hunt!!! Ebay (I don't knowhow to post it, but there is only a couple hours left!!!!! Maybe I'll buy a companion for mine!!!
SoccerTiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 3:13 pm   Permalink

Here's the linc
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tiki-Farm-shots-and-mug-from-2005-Treasure-Hunt-RARE_W0QQitemZ7186653933QQcategoryZ3269QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 4:32 pm   Permalink

It's interesting that they didn't photograph the front of the shot glasses. I guess the rarity of them is what's driving the sale.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 5:53 pm   Permalink

It's also interesting to see that nowhere in their ad do they mention what number their set is, and if you look at the pix, they carefully blocked out the "#___/23" on the card for the mug. However, they neglected to block out the number on the set card, so you can see that this is set #7. Why they'd go through this I haven't a clue (a lower numbered set/piece always sells for more), but I have set #8, so whoever won right before me - this is their set!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 2:57 pm   Permalink

I happened to send an Ebay message to the seller asking why they put the time and effort into finding the Treasure, then sell off their booty on Ebay. I got a very courteous response from the seller. Apparently both the seller and her husband sought the Treasure, and both found it about the same time. Since they both got sets of mugs from Dagmar (aka Holden @ Tiki Farm), they didn't feel they needed to keep both. So, off to Ebay one went.

I never inquired if the Seller, or her husband, were part of Tiki Central. I would have thought that announcing the Ebay listing on TC would have brought in a higher price than she got.

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 3:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-05 16:32, Tikiwahine wrote:
It's interesting that they didn't photograph the front of the shot glasses. I guess the rarity of them is what's driving the sale.

Can somebody post a picture of the front of the shots?

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 6:24 pm   Permalink

I hadn't realized that no one shared images of the booty, all three shots are the same except for the stamped impressions on the back. And thanks again Holden!!!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2005-10-06 19:30 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation