FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » The Great Tiki Treasure Hunt starts Thurs., 05/14 at noon pst
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
The Great Tiki Treasure Hunt starts Thurs., 05/14 at noon pst
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-03 09:07 am   Permalink

OK HOlden......This is tough!!!! Has Anyone found the treasure yet?
SoccerTiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-03 11:56 am   Permalink

Is there anyone else looking for the treasure?????

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 12:08 pm   Permalink

The first clue is on on the back cover of Tiki Magazine which just came out. Unless you were at the release party on Saturday to get a copy, you'll have to wait until your subscription arrives in the mail.

Not too many actually have a copy yet. I'm sure that once the issue arrives in mailboxes, the hunt will pick up to a furious pace.

Good luck everybody!!! Keep us posted on your finds

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 12:20 pm   Permalink

I'm a bit confused about this. I've got Tiki Mag #2 (thanks, whoever left it behind on Saturday )I've found a number of 'clues' on the back cover, but - now what? The clues don't really tell me anything. Are they clues to a location? A person? Am I s'posed to go somewhere and look for more clues? Am I s'posed to take these clues and somehow find the trasure? Am I s'posed to wait until "Clue #2" comes out? How many clues are there going to be? Do we need all the clues to find the treasure? Is there more than one treasure? I've been to the website a number of times and have found a connection between the two, but it doesn't really go anywhere. This is waaaaay to vague for me... If anyone else has figured it out (not what the clues are - I've done that) but what we're s'posed to do with the clues, please PM me!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-03 1:10 pm   Permalink

Woo Hoo Dr.Z!!! You've already fond the prize LOL I bet that Magazine was left by Sperm Whale & Wale Rider Soccer Tiki and I had picked up a extra copy for them at Tiki Ti.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 2:37 pm   Permalink

Hmmm....I'm probably as far as Dr Z, but not as far as WooHoo. It IS confusing.

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 6:55 pm   Permalink

Granted, I haven't seen any of the actual clues, but I'm confused enough by the preamble on the website. Is any of that info pertinent to the hunt? Is it intentionally written circularly? I suppose there's a possibility that these are not discrepencies, but red herrings. Solving a mystery involves deductive reasoning and so a few things have me puzzled:

Being as how Dagmar is a female name, is he a transexual or traveling in drag? Does this have anything to do with his "funny ways while imbibing"?

If a ship runs ashore, doesn't that mean it's on land or at least in shallow water? How then did it sink?

And if it ran aground, wouldn't it have done so bow first? How then could it have sunk bow first? Assuming it did slide back into deeper water, wouldn't it have done so stern first, after taking on water in the lower decks (and thereby completely submerging Dagmar)? Or did it back into the shore? This sinking sounds a lot like the Titanic, but the physics don't quite match up.

Is a "pension" for rum anything like a "penchant"?

And are the extra and/or missing letters in the text clues?

Or am I just thinking more than is actually required?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-03 7:48 pm   Permalink

WOO HOOO! WOOO HOOO! Soccer Tiki and I found the Booty!!! Good Luck to the Rest of You in Search of it too! Woo Hoo!!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-03 8:09 pm   Permalink

Soccer Tiki and I sailed up and down the coast for the past 120 hours before we found it Woo Hoo!!

tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 9:52 pm   Permalink

WooHooWahine and Soccer Tiki are great sleuths! After working the first clues from the Tiki Farm website, I asked to join in on their search for the treasure, since our ideas seemed on the same path. They did all the legwork, but I helped locate clues online and offered leads and ideas. They shared in their findings and discovered the booty!! It wasn't easy and took alot of time and searching. Thanks for letting me join in on the fun and victory, WHW and ST!!! And I don't even know either of you!!! Don't you love this TC ohana! Trusting and honest!

Mahalo!
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-04 02:56 am   Permalink

PJ - the website and the Tiki Mag "clue(s)" are rife with misspellings, bad grammar and other things that simply don't make sense. But apparently WooHoo Wahine spent FIVE days (120 hours = 5 days) looking for the treasure(?) even though the clue had only available for 1 day at that point and they found it? Or maybe they found another clue? Or who knows what? WTF?? This thing is getting more convoluted, more confusing and much less interesting by the minute.
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-04 07:30 am   Permalink

Dr.Z ~ There is still more booty to find for 17 more Treasure Hunters. The map on the back of the magazine is just one of the clues, there's still other locations that you must visit to find the booty. Don't Give Up!! (You're on Summer Vacation you have all the time in the world ) WooHoo and Good Luck!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2005-08-04 07:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2005-08-04 07:32 ]

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-04 09:02 am   Permalink

DR Z- Come on....Give WooHoo a break! (You know she's a kindergarten teacher!) It was more like 32 hours, not 120! LOL! Actually we haven't heard back from Holden yet and there may be others who have found the booty as well.....I guess we have to wait to hear....Keep looking. The first clue is located....well, let's just say that you need to physically go to a location on the map on the back of Tiki Magazine to find the first clue. AND...We spent a lot of time outside searching for clues that were on the internet...You CAN figure it out....Each clue leads to the next. We've had a lot of fun coming up with this and look forward to the next!!!
Bye the way, thanks again for the great party!!! You are the consummate host! And welcome to the 40's!!!!!
SoccerTiki

tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-04 12:04 pm   Permalink

I have yet to actually see the first clue on the back cover of the new Tiki Magazine. My investigation of finding clues started with the two documents from Holden.. his email to announce the commencement of the Treasure Hunt, and the posting on the Tiki Farm website. There is really important information in these documents which lead me to the same conclusions as the clue on the back cover of the magazine (though the magazine clue, I understand, was a bit more specific and precise). Soccer Tiki and WooHooWahaine let me join their search (after they already had both the first and second clues) only because I proved to them that I deducted the same information from Holden's two documents.

So, don't wait for the magazine to start your hunt for the Treasure! The magazine clue will solidify the location and send you off to search for the second one, etc...

Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-04 12:16 pm   Permalink

So, am I correct in assuming that you need to live in, or have access to a physical location somewhere south of the Canadian border? I'd just like to know so I don't waste my time on something I have no way of completing.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation