FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The Great Tiki Treasure Hunt starts Thurs., 05/14 at noon pst
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
The Great Tiki Treasure Hunt starts Thurs., 05/14 at noon pst
RanTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-25 2:47 pm   Permalink

Holden, has anyone else completed the hunt, or are there still two more treasures to be had?

View Profile of RanTiki Send a personal message to RanTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-25 4:11 pm   Permalink

I second that request for info.

Are we there yet?

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-25 8:58 pm   Permalink

Got my TikiMag today!?! Only 25 days after the release!!!! Hey Dagmar-Where's the booty??? All the "Rare and never before seen tiki drink vessels, sterling silver tiki jewelry, rare tiki art and tiki carvings, etc. etc."???

Are you gonna post the winners?

SoccerTiki

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 08:09 am   Permalink

Arrrgh, mateys! Us treasure finders are getting a little restless a'waiting for the booty vault to be unlocked and revealed, eh? Have we all be gathered 'round so we can hear from Dagmar and grab our loot and scurry off to discover more booty and grog? I see the plank being lowered on the port side of the deck. Do I smell mutiny in the ranks?

[ This Message was edited by: tikiwinebear 2005-08-26 09:37 ]

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 09:27 am   Permalink

Hi,
We've had 19 successful treasure hunters and there is 1 final treasure remaining!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 4:09 pm   Permalink

The first ever Great Tiki Treasure Hunt has ended! Congratulations to all 20 winners! There will be more hunts to come and every hunt will be different from the last... some will be harder and some easier. The treasures will vary from hunt to hunt depending upon the difficulty of the hunt and the number of prizes awarded!

Some of you have asked that I publish the names of the winners. I have been contacted by a few of the winners asking that their information be kept confidential, which I believe is best.

Very shortly, all of the winners will be receiving their treasures and there will be a very special bonus prize for the 1st place finisher! I hope those of you who participated had a good time!

Mahaloz,
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 5:49 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:42 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 6:49 pm   Permalink

Congrats to all the Treasure Finders, whoever you are! Many of us have identified ourselves already in earlier postings.

I guess I understand the confidentiality, Holden, er Dagmar, but it would be nice to see that Anyone, from Anywhere, had a chance of locating the treasure and clues. I "partnered" up with 2 Southern California ohana to get started, but once we banded together, we all located the virtual clues. To repay the mana, I even gave a few hints to other TC ohana in different locals so they could sniffing out the clues.

I had a GREAT time, thanks again, Holden! I have been storing up so much Tiki and Aloha information lately, it was nice to put some of it to use when deciphering your clues.

Ready for the next round!!!

Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 7:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks Holden, verging on the Dagamar obsessed & tiki neurotic at times during the hunt, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Weather I win anything or not. It was fun. I would hope that even though the hunt is over people will still attempt to find the last clue, which in my opinion was the best part of the hunt! Many mahalos Tiki Farm and everyone who participated!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2005-08-26 19:06 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 7:42 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 06:54 ]

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 8:03 pm   Permalink

I got my Tiki Mag yesterday, is it too late?

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 8:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-26 20:03, Tiki Matt wrote:
I got my Tiki Mag yesterday, is it too late?

HA! still waiting on mine.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 9:28 pm   Permalink

Ok, ok...a little joke. I don't want this to turn into a Tiki Mag bashing thread. The Magazine is awsome and Nick puts a zillion hours of hard work to get it out there, plus work a regular job (or irregular - he teaches, which takes a lot of personal time as well). We all owe Nick a debt of gratitude for the beautiful job he does with the mag and his un-ending support of the culture!

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 10:14 pm   Permalink

Forget the clues, I just figured out what was so funny in the Bamboo Ben comic.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 06:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-26 21:28, Tiki Matt wrote:
Ok, ok...a little joke. I don't want this to turn into a Tiki Mag bashing thread. The Magazine is awsome

Not bashing the magazine at all... rather the inability of everyone to start hunting at the same time.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation