FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving saxotica's stuff: New stuff added 12-16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
saxotica's stuff: New stuff added 12-16
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-04 10:13 pm   Permalink

These are very fine pieces. Any one would go beautifully in my yard. Great job!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flacookz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-05 05:57 am   Permalink

I really like the tiki with a tiki with a tiki...great job and welcome to TC

View Profile of flacookz Send a personal message to flacookz  Email flacookz Goto the website of flacookz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-05 07:02 am   Permalink

Nice! And I'm with ya on keeping the traditional style going...styling it to you, is the trick.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-05 07:21 am   Permalink

That is cool dude. Simple yet original idea and stunning execution. Cant wait to see it stained.

Can't beleive you got that little carving experience either

[ This Message was edited by: hewey on 2005-06-05 07:23 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-05 09:27 am   Permalink

Wow , super nice work .
Glad to see you joined us. post more pics soon.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 6:22 pm   Permalink

Damn, Sax...you're good.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 6:29 pm   Permalink

Holy shit Basement chimed in!

Awesome carving Sax

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooPrincess
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-09 04:45 am   Permalink

Love your originality! There is so many styles out there that it's not an easy thing for most people to do......keep the pictures coming...; )

View Profile of BambooPrincess Send a personal message to BambooPrincess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-18 8:25 pm   Permalink

Here's what happens when you store a Tiki in a mini warehouse in Georgia in the Summertime: www.pysankyjewels.com/tikipage2.html

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-18 10:57 pm   Permalink

It's hard to see that happen Sax. But you just gotta roll with it. My most recent tikis all have huge cracks right down through the middle of the face. I actually used my palm chisels to "clean up" the cracks, then folded some sandpaper in half & ran it through the cracks. It actually makes them look better. Hey I'd prefer it didn't crack, but what can you do? Looking on the bright side, it makes 'em look more vintage.

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 1:05 pm   Permalink

Greetings to all... I got my wife into the Tiki thing now. Here are some pins and earrings: She makes jewelry on eggshells, then cuts them out and puts a thick epoxy backing.Here's some earrings still on the egg You can see more soon at her website www.pysankyjewels.com

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 1:11 pm   Permalink

Here's the latest one I'm working on... He's carved out of a spruce 2X8 and is 28" tall.

[ This Message was edited by: saxotica 2005-07-10 19:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: saxotica 2005-08-02 07:22 ]

AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 7:53 pm   Permalink

cool stuff!
I like the little mouth-a-fied one.

Did you seal or stain the others?

@

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 8:02 pm   Permalink

Here's the latest...He's about half done. 20" tall, oak.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 10:08 pm   Permalink

Your stuff is cool, and your missus has some nice stuff as well. I am sure you could find some good homes for some of that stuff here.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation