FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving saxotica's stuff: New stuff added 12-16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
saxotica's stuff: New stuff added 12-16
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 05:53 am   Permalink

Definitely different. I really like it. How long have you been carving? Can't wait to see the latest one as he looks like he may be my favorite so far. Thanks for posting these pix!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 1:49 pm   Permalink

This one is a wine bottle frosted with a sandblaster...

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 1:59 pm   Permalink

oops

[ This Message was edited by: saxotica 2005-07-11 14:00 ]

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 6:29 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: saxotica 2005-08-02 07:25 ]

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 6:36 pm   Permalink

Tikis within tiki within tiki , I dont think you could work any more in there. Nice work . keep em coming.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 7:27 pm   Permalink

Saxotica,your art is new and different and seems to be leaning toward contemporary tiki which is nice but a difficult sell with some people. I really like it and as long as you enjoy it, there will always bethose who love your work. Right now you have not done too many pieces so cannot have a large fan base. I would keep it more traditional with a bit of contemporary thrown in until you get a fan base built up, then you can pretty much do what you want all the time. You definitely have some sweet hands(for sculpture) that most artists would beg,lie, and steal for. Just keep it coming.Thanks for the props. I agree there are some killer artists hanging aroun these pages. I get tons of inspiration every time I visit. Don't hesitate to ever ask Any ?'s you might have about anything.
keep up the good work.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 8:51 pm   Permalink

Innovative tiki! Very cool stuff, sax.

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-17 11:58 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: saxotica 2005-08-02 07:18 ]

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-20 11:39 am   Permalink

I had a killer idea just a second ago for a tiki mug. (Man I wish I was the three member of Munktiki cause they have the studio and name and I got some mug ideas that have never been thought up and could be the best) Anyways, I wanted a original looking tiki for a part of my mug idea and I knew that I would have to look your stuff over again. Compeletely fresh looking and 100% tiki. Your stuff could have came from an undiscovered tiki island.

Its the stuff that I knew tiki could be. Original and great. its clean and still has its areas of details. You have five or six tiki pictures of cravings. That line of direction means that all your stuff is going to be good for along time.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-20 12:09 pm   Permalink

Looks great, Sax! That is a nice style you've got. Try listing it in the "Tiki Marketplace" - you'll get better exposure there for a sale.

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-20 12:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-09 13:11, saxotica wrote:
Here's the latest one I'm working on... He's carved out of a spruce 2X8 and is 28" tall. If anybody thinks they want this one, just PM me.

[ This Message was edited by: saxotica 2005-07-10 19:59 ]

This reminds me of the cannibal trio turned into one single being.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 2:58 pm   Permalink

engraved river stones.Image is 3D. I sandblasted the area around the image.The dark part of the image is the natural color of the outside of the rock and the grey is the sandblated inner part of the rock.Quarter shown for size comparison. This one is carved from a cedar board

[ This Message was edited by: saxotica 2005-07-21 19:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: saxotica 2005-08-02 07:19 ]

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 6:49 pm   Permalink

Those river stones look great . Did you mask off the design with heavy tape first? nice carvings too.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 7:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Rodeo. I use a "peel and stick" stencil material that is made for the granite engraving/monument industry. I draw the design on the stencil,stick it to the rock, then cut it out with an exacto type knife [the kind with the snap off blades]. Then I sandblast it. The only thing is, it's a one off process...you have to cut a new stencil for each rock. I'm working on some 12" X 12" slate pieces now, slate tiles, like the floor the rocks are sitting on.

saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-24 4:38 pm   Permalink

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation