FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving saxotica's stuff: New stuff added 12-16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
saxotica's stuff: New stuff added 12-16
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 08:47 am   Permalink

My wife finished the earrings I think they look pretty cool! Here's a tiki robot I'm working on to do my bidding His head and body are carved from a piece of cypress and his arms and legs are electrical conduit scrap. I still need to add feet and hands and a death ray.Slate floor not included.

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 09:11 am   Permalink

Love that tiki robot! Very cool, sax.

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 10:51 am   Permalink

like always, your stuff is what it should be. That looks like a metal voodoo doll.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 01:13 am   Permalink

Those earings are nice, love the traditional feel to 'em.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 5:38 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: saxotica 2005-08-02 07:21 ]

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sideshow Stamps
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-01 11:43 am   Permalink

Saxotica and Wife,
I love your stuff!
Especially the tiki robot! That is such a cool idea.
I really like the tiki carvings with the faces in their mouths too.
I also like the jewelry. It's really unique.
Keep up the awesome work guys!
Happy creating...
Jennifer

www.sideshowstamps.com
Retro & Tiki Art and Rubber Stamps...

View Profile of Sideshow Stamps Send a personal message to Sideshow Stamps  Email Sideshow Stamps Goto the website of Sideshow Stamps     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 6:36 pm   Permalink

candle holder.Carved pine.We took the picture so that you can't see the flame...it made the carving show up better in the photo.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 12:50 pm   Permalink

that last picture looks like a well done oil painting. That would be a good one to frame. YOur tikis have all the pieces that they should and nothing more. LOve the small differences in each one.

I get a feel of pictures better if I draw them. It's like I can see them better after. Man is your stuff cool.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 1:49 pm   Permalink

Neat stuff Saxotica. I especially Love the kitchen tool holder, NICE.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 09:50 am   Permalink

A new basswood Tiki cut from a 3" X 8 1/2" slab. 19 1/2" tall.Painted for a fake antique look. PM if interested. Here's one I sold...sort of Tiki He's carved from sandstone. I have other non-tiki carvings over in "Beyond Tiki" if you're interested. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 10:16 am   Permalink

hi Sax, good to see your posting. Your work is terrific. I love the style and medium.

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 10:24 am   Permalink

I like these both a lot Sax! I love the more "mainstream" tikis too, but it's cool to see
stuff that is a bit different. Gotta run to check your other post! Keep up the good work.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 1:53 pm   Permalink

More cool stuff. Also I love the earlier earrings, What are they made of and are you going to duplicate them?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 2:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Ben. My wife makes the earrings and pins from goose egg shell. You can see her awesome stuff at www.pysankyjewels.com

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation