FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Off Topic: What made you start your tiki creation?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Off Topic: What made you start your tiki creation?
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 10:24 am   Permalink

I don't like most of what is out there. I like more traditional styles. BK stopped carving, so I can't ask him to do any for me. I can afford a few chisels and stuff, but not $300+ for a tiki plus shipping. I have way too few projects I'm in the middle of and need another couple around the house. My hands and shoulder were feeling way too good.

Ultimately, I want the Marquesan tiki that is at the entrance to the TV in Munich. I can never afford such a thing, if I could actually find one, so, I will have to get good enough to make my own. I also want the Cannible Tiki Trio and I want a very large Ku and Kane for beside the pool... I have neither the money nor the time for those, but I have more time than money... I also need to start digging a hole for that pool...

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky on 2005-06-08 10:25 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 11:06 am   Permalink

Jimmy Buffet made me do it.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 4:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-08 10:03, chisel slinger wrote:
kahiki?!!!!. cap'n, you from columbus?

Aye!! Columbus be my hometown... And the Kahiki has that effect- Hope they do open once again.

Flounder- That's cold, brethren. I don't believe you for a second!

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 6:30 pm   Permalink

I guess the tikis made me do it. I woke up one afternoon covered in sawdust, a chainsaw in my hand and this tiki standing over me and I could swear he was saying "Don't stop now, c'mon, don't stop now!".
I shouldn't have listened to him. I should have stopped there and left him unfinished.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 8:34 pm   Permalink

BENZART made me do it. okay not really but after seeing his incredible work and all the other mega talent people here I had to try. And with some comments and critique I made another and another ....
Damit its all your guys fault..

Thanks to all who share thier works and comment on others works.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation