FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Macadamia Nut Liqueur cocktails?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Macadamia Nut Liqueur cocktails?
JaredB
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-05 3:59 pm   Permalink

Does anyone have any recipes? I just picked up some of the Trader Vics Macadamia Nut liqueur and I'd like to try some variations.

All I found in Beachbum Berry's books was a recipe for the Macadamia Nut Chi Chi, but it's very possible that I missed one.

Thanks in advance.

View Profile of JaredB Send a personal message to JaredB      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 12:09 pm   Permalink

I've been curious about that myself. I've seen it at a liquor store near me. I've looked on the TV's web site recipes and they don't have any drinks posted that use it. Funny, they list a ton of over Vic's mixers, like margarita mix, and Tom & Jerry batter, whatever that is. The only things I've ever seen are the Passion Fruit Syrup, Ko Ko Kreme, Mai Tai Mix, Orgeat, Dark Rum and now the Macadamia.

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 12:29 pm   Permalink

mmm...the macadamia nut liqueur is really tasty!

The chi chis are great. Now that I think of it, I did make up a recipe that uses it, but was too tipsy to write it down or remember what the heck I did!

I'll have to break it open again this week and have some fun.

I would also like to know of anyone else's recipes!

Mahalo!
-Tw

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-07 12:06 pm   Permalink

I happened upon a drink recipe that uses the stuff in the "Intoxica" book. Since I'm at the office now, I can't remember what the name was though.

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 07:37 am   Permalink

Has anyone tried to copy the Hala-Kahiki's "King Kamehameha Royal Chocolate Drinks"? They sound like a standard milkshake (Ice Cream, Milk, Flavorings), but with Rum & Liquor added. Here's my quick approximation:

Hala-Kahiki's Kamehameha Chocolate Kopy

3 scoops of Chocolate Ice Cream
1/4 C milk
2 oz. dark Rum
1 oz. Macadamia Liquer
Chocolate Sauce
Whipped Cream
Crushed Macadamia nuts

Combine Ice Cream, Milk, Rum & Liquer in a blender & blend until mixed, add Chocolate Sauce to taste & blend 'til smooth. Pour into glass & top with Whipped Cream & chopped Macadamias. Garnish with a Cherry.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-09 09:40 am   Permalink

Yum! That sounds very tasty!!!! I'm gonna have to try that one out!

DrMig

Posted: 2005-07-27 8:19 pm   Permalink

Last night I whipped up a couple of Intoxica's Mac Nut Chi-Chi's for a friend's birthday. Very tasty, with a powerful delayed kick to them. I normally don't like chi chis that much but the liqueur really softens the burn of the vodka.

As for other recipes, I haven't found any. But I brought back a bottle of Kahana from Hawaii this spring, and I've been experimenting. I've gotten good results substituting it for amaretto in some drinks. I also tried making a Mai Tai with Kahana instead of orgeat, and what I got was ... not a Mai Tai anymore, but it still felt good going down.

View Profile of DrMig Send a personal message to DrMig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
roland

Posted: 2005-08-04 6:40 pm   Permalink

I know it mixes extremely well with milk or half-n-half.

Maybe some kind of White Russian variant?

View Profile of roland Send a personal message to roland      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mahalomo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-14 4:34 pm   Permalink

Try this:

2 oz. strong coffee (chilled in fridge)
1 oz. Coruba rum (Myers as substitute)
1/2 oz. Creme de Cacao
1/2 oz. Liquor 43
3/4 oz. TV Macadamia Nut Liqueur

Shake, pour
Optional: soymilk/milk to taste.

I was looking for something ot use MN Liqueur in and threw this together and it wasn't bad at all. Sort of like iced coffee with a nutty kick.

[ This Message was edited by: mahalomo 2005-09-14 18:46 ]

View Profile of mahalomo Send a personal message to mahalomo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-15 7:17 pm   Permalink

Prince Kuhio
(from The Plantation Gardens in Kauai)

1 shot Macadamia
1.5 shot pineapple
2 shots amber rum
1/2 shot orange juice
dash of simple syrup

This was just reverse engineered by me and it's pretty close to the drinks I had there. I should have asked the bartender but I was too enthralled by the place.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-16 6:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-15 19:17, pablus wrote:
Prince Kuhio
(from The Plantation Gardens in Kauai)

1 shot Macadamia
1.5 shot pineapple
2 shots amber rum
1/2 shot orange juice
dash of simple syrup

This was just reverse engineered by me and it's pretty close to the drinks I had there. I should have asked the bartender but I was too enthralled by the place.

That's a damn fine drink Pablus! They need your reverse engineering skills at Area 51.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kauaikaki

Posted: 2005-09-30 7:17 pm   Permalink

We just returned home from Kauai and are trying to duplicate a drink we had at Paradise Seafood & Grill in Puhi called "Puhi Split". The grill is going out of business and we were lucky that they still had a fresh banana on hand or we would never have tried this drink!!

Here's our version made in the blender:

1/2 cup Macadamia Nut Liqueur
1/2 cup Kahlua
1/2 cup Dark Rum
1/4 cup Cream (Half & Half)
1 Fresh Banana
Ice to Finish Filling Blender

We have stopped at Paradise Seafood & Grill every year now for 6 years and will miss them very much! Hope some of you enjoy this drink!!

View Profile of Kauaikaki Send a personal message to Kauaikaki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-01 02:58 am   Permalink

Mauna Kea Martini
1 1/2oz. Gold Rum
1/2 oz. Macadamia Nut Liqueur
1/4 oz. Chocolate Liqueur
1/2 oz. Cream

Combine in a mixing glass with ice. Stir gentely and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Kahana Colada
Franklin Laborte, Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua
1-1/4 ounces Kahana Royale macadamia nut liqueur
3/4 ounce Meyers Platinum rum
3 ounces pineapple juice
3 ounces coconut syrup
3 ounces coconut milk

Blend with ice and pour.

[i]salmon alice[i]
muddled watermelon & lime juice with a generous measure of vanilla infused gin, watermelon liqueur & kahana royale macadamia nut liqueur $15
http://www.mushu.com.au/cocktaillist.htm

Found these during a search.
Also has anyone tried the Kahana Royale Macadamia Nut Liqueur? http://www.internetwines.com/rws18293.html

Also found this recipe for a tart.

Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart

From Nancy Matsui, The Arizona Republic
Sept. 4, 2004 02:01 PM

Crust
4 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/3 cups unbleached flour

In a bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter. Add flour and blend until pea-size crumbs form.

Knead into a ball. Divide dough into two equal portions. Roll out the portions to fit two 7-inch tart pans with removable bottoms, or pie tins. Put dough in pans. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. advertisement

Filling
2 1/2 cups roasted macadamia nuts, whole and half pieces
5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
4 teaspoons unsalted butter
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/3 cups corn syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Heat oven to 350 degrees. If using roasted, salted macadamias, wrap them in a paper towel and rub off as much salt as possible.

Put chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until thoroughly melted. Stir periodically to speed up melting. Add butter and heat until melted.

In a medium bowl, mix eggs, sugar and corn syrup until well blended. Add chocolate mixture and vanilla and mix well. Fold in the nuts. Remove plastic wrap from tart pans. Divide filling between pans. Bake in the middle of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.

Sweetened whipped cream</b>
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons Kahana Royale (macadamia nut), Frangelico (hazelnut) or amaretto (almond) liqueur
or
2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine whipping cream and liqueur (or whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla) in a medium bowl and whip with mixer until stiff. Garnish tart with sweetened whipped cream.

Makes two tarts, 6 servings each.

Approximate values per serving: 548 calories, 38 g fat, 132 mg cholesterol, 6 g protein, 53 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 101 mg sodium, 59 percent calories from fat.

[ This Message was edited by: Fez Ape 2005-10-01 03:39 ]

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 11:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-01 02:58, Fez Ape wrote:
Found these during a search.
Also has anyone tried the Kahana Royale Macadamia Nut Liqueur? http://www.internetwines.com/rws18293.html

[ This Message was edited by: Fez Ape 2005-10-01 03:39 ]

Yup, I bought a bottle of this in Oahu. It's beautiful.
Buy some it's the best.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 06:46 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-10-03 23:06, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
Quote:

Yup, I bought a bottle of this in Oahu. It's beautiful.
Buy some it's the best.

Awesome, mahalo for the input.

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation