FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Macadamia Nut Liqueur cocktails?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Macadamia Nut Liqueur cocktails?
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 1:22 pm   Permalink

The Kauai Hyatt adds it to their Pina Colada.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-29 5:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-15 19:17, pablus wrote:
Prince Kuhio
(from The Plantation Gardens in Kauai)

1 shot Macadamia
1.5 shot pineapple
2 shots amber rum
1/2 shot orange juice
dash of simple syrup

This was just reverse engineered by me and it's pretty close to the drinks I had there. I should have asked the bartender but I was too enthralled by the place.

Per this article in Midweek Kauai, the cocktail is made with Kahlua, macadamia nut liqueur, coconut, pineapple juice and cream.

http://www.midweekkauai.com/perpetuating-hawaiian-culture/

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnyvelvet
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-14 06:44 am   Permalink

I bought a bottle of the TV Macadamia Nut liqueur. I ended up mixing two ounces with very cold club soda, and drank the bottle over a couple of weeks. Different but good. Seemed too sweet to combine with much else.

View Profile of johnnyvelvet Send a personal message to johnnyvelvet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davey1107

Posted: 2014-07-28 7:40 pm   Permalink

Having a supply of Mac nut liqueur, I've read this post several times, and decided it was time to contribute. I wanted a drink that would feature the subtle nuttiness do macadamia nuts, without the cloying sweetness of many Mac nut drinks. I decided to play off the Classic Mai Tai recipe, and then we went one step further by taking our homemade orgeat recipe and making a batch with Mac nuts. You probably have to be a crazy person to make your own macadamia nut syrup, but what's tiki without a little crazy?

My Mac Mai Tai

1 oz gold rum (think Hawaiian rums)
1 oz macadamia nut liqueur
1/2 oz dark rum
1/2 oz lime juice
1/2 oz orange curaçao
1/2 oz macadamia nut liqueur (recipe follows) or simple syrup
Sprig of mint

Shake in a cocktail shaker with ice, then serve on ice with mint.

Macadamia nut syrup

This recipe takes authentic homemade orgeat (almond) syrup and kicks it up with macadamia nuts.

1 cup whole macadamia nuts
1 1/2 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 oz rum
1/2 tsp orange extract

Bring sugar and water to boil, stirring until sugar dissolved. Meanwhile, pulverize the Mac nuts in food processor, but don't grind too finely or they will become Mac nut butter. Once mixture is boiling, stir in pulverized nuts and simmer on medium heat until the mixture returns to a boil. Turn off heat and cover. Let stand for at least three hours, up to twelve hours. Pour through a fine mesh sieve, tamping solids. Don't you dare waste those solids!! Make a Mac nut cake, or cheesecake, or eat on twinkles, but don't throw away candied Mac nuts! Add rum and orange extract to syrup and store in refrigerator for up to one month.

[ This Message was edited by: Davey1107 2014-07-28 19:41 ]

View Profile of Davey1107 Send a personal message to Davey1107      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation