FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Music swap at Hukilau
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Music swap at Hukilau
Quince_at_Dannys
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 10:30 pm   Permalink

Swanky, Traitor Vic--thanks for the great mix CDs and the great conversation. Nothing beats those thrift store "war stories." Plus, Traitor Vic's [in]famous "bird and cricket noise" CD is worth it just for the liner notes, not to mention the great music!

View Profile of Quince_at_Dannys Send a personal message to Quince_at_Dannys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-11 06:25 am   Permalink

Quince-at-Danny's, I couldn't agree with you more! Thanks to both Traitor Vic and Swanky for hanging out and jawing during the Saturday afternoon's music swap. And the CDs are great! Traitor, yes, that "bird and cricket noise" compilation is great and the liner notes are a hoot. And I don't think I'll ever forget Swanky's story about that record sale that was "All you can carry for $5."
Just great stuff.

Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: I, Zombie 2005-10-11 06:29 ]

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-12 11:25 pm   Permalink

Hey, Teitelbaum (Tidal Wave?)!!!

This 'Prolusion' thing ROCKS!!! Well... Throbs... Grooves... Chunkachunks... It actually does a lot of things! That's my New Second Favorite Version of Beautiful World!!!

Thanks!

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 09:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-12 23:25, Traitor Vic wrote:
This 'Prolusion' thing ROCKS!!! Well... Throbs... Grooves... Chunkachunks... It actually does a lot of things! That's my New Second Favorite Version of Beautiful World!!!

You're welcome Vic.

I am usually hesitant to promote Left Orbit Temple around the Tiki crowd because it isn't AT ALL Tiki music... and on top of that it is just too weird for most people! But I am really glad you like it. I had a copy of it on Ebay, and Mark Mothersbaugh himself was the winning bidder!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation