FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events tabu tiki night - now it can be told!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
tabu tiki night - now it can be told!
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-04 2:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-03 13:33, dangergirl299 wrote:
...If you would like me to write a disgruntled attorney letter on your behalf to the Palmer folks (sounds, at the very least, like a good small claims matter) - let me know...

this guy learned his lesson... avoid writing "disgruntled" letters... doesn't help one bit, just prolongs the whole deal... without documentation(written) you have nothing in small claims but a long wait, extra parking fees, rude counter service and inaction in action!

live and learn, move on... or, do what you must, and do it well...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atlanta Trader

Posted: 2005-08-09 10:44 am   Permalink

Sorry to hear about your challenges. I wish you had let me know and I would have done whatever I could from here in Atlanta to resolve. Obviously that Hotel is going through a period of flux.

I guess all the Chicago Tikiphiles will just have to come to Tiki Torch Nights which are going strong at Trader Vic's Atlanta.

View Profile of Atlanta Trader Send a personal message to Atlanta Trader  Goto the website of Atlanta Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
c10
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-18 3:56 pm   Permalink

hmm ...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-palmer18.html

View Profile of c10 Send a personal message to c10  Email c10 Goto the website of c10     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Numb Davey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-18 4:01 pm   Permalink

Interesting. That would explain the financial tightening to clean up the pay-ables for acquisition purposes.
Just a thought.

View Profile of Rum Numb Davey Send a personal message to Rum Numb Davey  Email Rum Numb Davey Goto the website of Rum Numb Davey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vic'sChicagoFan

Posted: 2005-08-18 6:42 pm   Permalink

I can't confirm this, but I have a very good source that tells me Vic's Chicago will be closed at the end of 2005.

Looks like James' suspicions are correct. Sorry for the bad news. Everyone enjoy it while there's still time.

View Profile of Vic'sChicagoFan Send a personal message to Vic'sChicagoFan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-18 9:36 pm   Permalink

headlines in todays chicago suntimes paper...palmer house has been officially sold!!! not long now folks......kiss the traders bamboo butt good-bye......that really sucks....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-19 07:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-18 15:56, c10 wrote:
hmm ...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-palmer18.html

... the article did not mention tabu tiki nights or anything tiki at all!

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-19 3:02 pm   Permalink

Here is an email I rec'd referring to an email I sent to someone in Vic's upper management;
"So I called him and asked if TV will be closing

He said he could not say but whatever happens is for the good

Which led me to believe that it will close but it is best because the new owners do not want it"

Sorry, my source at Vic's is being mum, but mum in this case probably isn't a good thing.
Time to write letters praising Vic's?

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
c10
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-19 6:34 pm   Permalink

Move it to that closed-up place in the hotel near O'Hare.
Just a thought.

View Profile of c10 Send a personal message to c10  Email c10 Goto the website of c10     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation