FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Bay Area Tiki Stores - anyone? anyone?
Bay Area Tiki Stores - anyone? anyone?
kahluagal

Posted: 2005-06-07 1:49 pm   Permalink

And yes, I searched

I'm kind of in a bind, timewise, for my tiki-esque wedding... are there any stores in the Bay Area that would have tiki related...cake toppers and that type of thing? Time is of the essense, so shopping online is a possibility; ideally I'd like to find a place that has a nice selection of any tiki stuff. There are stores that have a few tiki items, but I'd like to find something...more.

Recommendations more than welcome! The wedding's in about 2 weeks at one of the Trader Vic's out here. I planned the wedding around the Trader Vic's location, actually

View Profile of kahluagal Send a personal message to kahluagal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-07 3:24 pm   Permalink

Are you talking about cheap "party store tiki" or "real tiki"? Any party store like Party America will carry the cheap stuff. For better stuff, maybe call up Tiki Farm and ask who their dealers are in this area.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-07 10:37 pm   Permalink

This is a great Hawaiian store in San Jose
http://www.sunjose.com/

Also, there is a Hawaiian store on Stevens Creek Blvd. across the street from the Vallco shopping center in Cupertino.

Congrats on the wedding and have fun!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 11:15 am   Permalink

If you can't find exactly what you are looking for in the greater
Bay Area, you might contact "Sitting in Paradise" in Sacramento.
Christine or Scott, the owners, have been working with aloha / hawaiian
/ tiki merchandise for over 8 years and has lots of contacts all over.
Their store carries lots of decorative stuff, candles, etc, and they
are darn close to the Bay Area.

Good Luck!

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahluagal

Posted: 2005-06-08 11:49 am   Permalink

thank you so much guys for posting replies here. I'll check out as many of the locations you've all mentioned if there's time. And if pics turn out well, I may post 'em (if there's interest, of course)

View Profile of kahluagal Send a personal message to kahluagal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 1:26 pm   Permalink

You might also want to focus on getting nice flowers, TV's has some pretty good tiki stuff in house

We ordered traditional wedding lei's shipped overnight from Hawaii, they are really beautiful and add a nice touch.

http://www.alohafriendsluau.com/Hawaii_wedding.html

Check also Hilo Hattie online for traditional Hawaiian wedding jackets shirts and dresses. I know they have a wedding section.

Good luck and have a lovely wedding!
mrs. pineapple

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation