FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Pacific Islander Festival at the Aquarium of the Pacific June 11-12
Pacific Islander Festival at the Aquarium of the Pacific June 11-12
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-07 6:01 pm   Permalink

Saturday, June 11 & Sunday, June 12 the Aquarium of the Pacific is having a
Pacific Islander Festival with music and dance. No tiki carving but maybe someone can sneek a log in.
The show is free with admission ($18.95) to the aquarium.

I'm not sure what day Lady Velour and I will be going but we will be there.

[ This Message was edited by: johnnievelour on 2005-06-07 18:02 ]

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-06-07 6:46 pm   Permalink

Woo Hoo! Sounds like fun. Soccer Tiki and I might have to check it out. The Entertainment Book has a coupon for addmission to the aquarium.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-07 8:32 pm   Permalink

The Aquarium of the Pacific is an excellent place to go. As a SCUBA instructor, it is nice to be able to go see the fishes and animals of the local Pacific waters when conditions don't allow for actual diving, as well as, seeing the beautiful tropical animals of Palau that I wish were right out my doorstep. Last year, they had a "Polynesian Theme" for the whole summer. I'm sure that this event will be well presented, if only for a weekend.

Johnnie, let me know when you and Lady Velour will be going. I have a membership there so I would love to meet up with you guys. My only conflict is Sunday after 3pm or so, when my friend from Maui is playing in El Segundo. (see thread at:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15002&forum=4&3 )

Hope to see lots of TCer's there.

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 07:03 am   Permalink

I have never been there wouldnt mind going sometime, maybe on Saturday? in the afternoon anyone else???

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 07:07 am   Permalink

Oops just remembered can't do it this Saturday have other plans. However Sunday maybe?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 2:09 pm   Permalink

We will be at the aquarium on Sunday at noon.

Rittide - Lady V and I also have a membership. We live so close, walking distance. We try to go as often as we can. It will be great to meet you.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UtopianDreem
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-06-09 11:16 am   Permalink

What a perfect excuse to go to the aquarium! Tiki Bird & I will see you there!

View Profile of UtopianDreem Send a personal message to UtopianDreem  Email UtopianDreem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-10 10:09 am   Permalink

hmmmm.... I haven't visited the fishes in quite a while.....

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dolphin Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-11 1:38 pm   Permalink

I'm in!

C U All there!!!

View Profile of Dolphin Tiki Send a personal message to Dolphin Tiki  Email Dolphin Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-11 1:47 pm   Permalink

We won't be able to stay for long, but we're going to try to swing by tomorrow, 'round noonish. See you then!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-11 7:23 pm   Permalink

Can't make it afterall see you all next time.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-25 5:55 pm   Permalink

Finally getting to my picture backlog! We only had a short bit of time to spend at the Aquarium, but we really enjoyed it.

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/aquariumpacific/

Highlights:

Hula dancers:

We found ourselves surrounded by a troupe of hottentots... er, Cub Scouts:

I tried (and failed) to get a decent picture of the flounder:

This lobster was alarmingly huge:

I'm not sure why they had birds at the aquarium, but they were my favorite part. Here's ladyvelour, all the birds suddenly appeared when she was near:

This moai is at the aquarium year-round, not just for the Pacific Islander festival:

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-23 14:57 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation