[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New tiki print available Pg.4
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
New tiki print available Pg.4
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 08:55 am   Permalink

Here's most of the paintings I did last year. Thanks for all the support! In the last couple days I have really been feeling the TIKI VIBE and think I just might do some more tiki art soon.

BURLAPS:

CONTAINERS:

ABSTRACTS:

MUG PAINTINGS:

OTHERS:

www.flounderart.com

[ This Message was edited by: FLOUNDERart 2006-06-02 11:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: FLOUNDERart 2006-06-09 07:50 ]

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 08:56 am   Permalink

Great stuff Flounder! It would be AWESOME to see more tiki art from you.

Poly-Pop *

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2005-06-08 08:57 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooPrincess
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-08 09:06 am   Permalink

Your work is absolutely Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing......; )

View Profile of BambooPrincess Send a personal message to BambooPrincess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 09:10 am   Permalink

Yes Scott, please continue.
Put my name down for a commision.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 09:32 am   Permalink

Now somebody needs to talk to Miles...

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 09:38 am   Permalink

Your paintings are amazing. The Mug paintings look like photos.
I had secretly hoped that you wouldnt stop creating tiki art all together.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 10:19 am   Permalink

Flounder, you kick ass. My girlfriend is nuts over the containers.

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 10:27 am   Permalink

Scott, I love your work, no matter what you do, so get painting!
I'm having withdrawal symptoms!

I've got a little travel bar that is seriously in need of your talents.

Your biggest Canadian fan,

Drinks Well with Others

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine 2006-08-15 11:05 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 11:45 am   Permalink

Flounder, we have Missed you and your work Terribly. Looking at it all now makes me realize how fantastic your art is. What people don't see however is the fun loving, cool, person you are and how much you contributed to TC. I would Love to see you around more often and seeing more work would be a Super extra bonus that I think All TC'rs would appreciate.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 12:41 pm   Permalink

Nice to hear you might be doing more of these. Seeing them all together is great and it would be sad to see no more new Flounder tiki art. Wish I could afford one myself. But then I guess that's the reason you decided to stop.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 1:10 pm   Permalink

Thank you Scott. I also love everything you do. Keep going

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-06-08 1:23 pm   Permalink

Scott-
All your paintings are incredible, tiki or not.
Paint what you want, but you certainly will not bum me out if you return to some tiki themed peices.
We love the Flounder tiki paintings gracing our walls, and could always use more.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 2:04 pm   Permalink

I'm a very happy owner of 3 of the abstracts and one of the mug paintings. They look even better 'in the flesh' - you've a rare talent there Scott.

When we went to the Tabou Tiki Room in Berlin earlier this year, one of the first things I noticed was one of your paintings behind the bar. "That's a Flounder!", I confidently exclaimed to my wife, and indeed it was. The style hits you from a mile off.

Anyway, Tiki or not - keep that art coming!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 2:25 pm   Permalink

I would like to encourage everyone to take a moment to check out Flounder's website, which includes his non-tiki art:

http://www.flounderart.com

While the tikiphile in me rejoices at the idea of more tiki stuff from you, Flounder, I have to say that the non-tiki art you've been producing lately is really stunning stuff. You are amazingly talented. When I see your art in group shows, it stands head & shoulders above most all of the other pieces in the show.

Produce what your artist soul wants you to produce, whether it's tiki or not, 'cause you know what you're doing. All I want to ask: please don't be a stranger 'round these parts, even if you're exploring non-tiki territory in your art!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 4:46 pm   Permalink

I swear I had to double-take your mugs thinking they were stylized photos at first... You have a strong understanding of color and especially light to pull that quality off.

Out of curiousity, are you familiar with Michael Parkes oil works?

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation