FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Hula Dancers at Haleiwa Joes restaurant in Rancho Mirage...
Hula Dancers at Haleiwa Joes restaurant in Rancho Mirage...
thegarz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-13 2:43 pm   Permalink

If you are going to be near Palm Springs on Friday July 15, 2005 go by Haleiwa Joes' Restaurant in Rancho Mirage (69934 HWY 111), they are going to have Hula dancers starting at 5PM according to the wait staff I spoke to 2 days ago. My wife and I had dinner there and we plan to attend the FREE show on July 15. Their phone no. is 760-324-5613 so call them to make sure they haven't changed the dates and times befoe this event. Anyone wanna meet there for dinner or drinks?
Dave

View Profile of thegarz Send a personal message to thegarz  Email thegarz Goto the website of thegarz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-06-13 4:44 pm   Permalink

hey Dave ~ would you give a little restaurant review of this place? we were at Oasis, and thought of going, but hadn't heard about the decor or food! what's your take on the place?

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thegarz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-13 5:20 pm   Permalink

Hi Elicia--
Food was ok--not bad I had the lamb shank, my wife had the sweet-n-sour chicken...I thought that was better. My wife had ordered the PuPu platter but she doesn't do sushi so she did not like it....the kids had hamburgers....good as burgers go. I had a Mai Tai, but to be honest, I make much better ones using Trader Vic's mix...service was really good though. I do plan to go back...that says a lot. Decor was somewhat Tiki/Aloha style....I loved the way the place is set up...neat 1974 Kellogg architecture...totally kool!
Do a search for "Haleiwa Joes" on this site...someone wrote a cool synopsis on it along with pics....!

View Profile of thegarz Send a personal message to thegarz  Email thegarz Goto the website of thegarz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-13 5:36 pm   Permalink

Do they still have the fire pit?

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thegarz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-14 5:10 pm   Permalink

Hi TikiKate:
I did not notice a fire pit...maybe we can call them and ask...I did find an old post here with some kool pics:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=14806&forum=1&vpost=161669

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation