Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
where there is smoke there is fire
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-14 9:21 pm   Permalink

which do you prefer.

smoke:

or fire:

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-06-14 9:59 pm   Permalink

I think both are equally exciting visually, but I feel a little bit more comfortable around the smoke drinks for some reason.

you can pass your hand through the smoke; but not the fire.

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-14 10:09 pm   Permalink

Fire for sure.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JerseyRED
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-15 09:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-14 21:59, dangergirl299 wrote:
I think both are equally exciting visually, but I feel a little bit more comfortable around the smoke drinks for some reason.

you can pass your hand through the smoke; but not the fire.

And you call yourself DANGERGIRL?!

I prefer FIRE... besides, I'm afraid some of my friends would be stupid (or drunk) enough to touch the ice. Talk about a burn!

Will Sinclair

View Profile of JerseyRED Send a personal message to JerseyRED      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2005-06-15 11:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

[
And you call yourself DANGERGIRL?!

Oh, I'm mostly harmless...

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-15 12:15 pm   Permalink

fire! burn it! burn it!

(image @ the Mai Kai by ikitnrev)

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2005-06-15 12:29 pm   Permalink

Let me clarify my opinion re fire.
I get paid (rather handsomely) to imagine worst case scenarios for my clients and recommend moderate courses to take to avoid them.

If a restaurant client came up to me and asked "should I have flaming drinks, or dry ice drinks?" I would probably recommend the ice; because generally open flame + drinks unsupervised by owner/manager + drunk folks who have no ownership interest in the place + flammable materials like bamboo, matting, etc all around = higher insurance at the very least, plus a potentially expensive/deadly "worst case scenario"

but take off my lawyer hat and give me a stiff drink and I will say "mmm, fire pretty...."

Thus, as long as you have good insurance, a nearby fire extinguisher, have treated all your flammable decor with the appropriate stuff and at least ONE relatively sober person is keeping an eye on things, go for it.

inkylouise

Posted: 2005-06-16 12:13 pm   Permalink

One of my favorite shots is at the Zombie Hut in Brooklyn. They squirt a ring of 150 around the shot glasses, on the bartop, then set that ablaze along with soaked lemon caps on the lip of the shots! So hot!

(Bar top is made of stainless steel)

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-16 2:14 pm   Permalink

Were a wild crowd.
Let's have both.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-16 2:51 pm   Permalink

Now your talking Unga Both and lots of them

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-16 4:56 pm   Permalink

Fire!!!

Except my girlfriend would not stop playing with it, and if she was drunk, it could end badly. Little pyro she is.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Fire!!!

Except my girlfriend would not stop playing with it, and if she was drunk, it could end badly. Little pyro she is.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Fire!!!

badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-16 6:49 pm   Permalink

Fire!!!

Except my wife would not stop playing with it, and if she was drunk, it could end badly. Little pyro she is.

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 08:50 am   Permalink

Hewey, BM- what exactly are these wives/girlfriends playing with that might get "too hot"?!?

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation