FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Help me Identify This Glam Rock/New Wave? Band From The 70s/80s
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Help me Identify This Glam Rock/New Wave? Band From The 70s/80s
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 5:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-20 13:54, Tiki-bot wrote:
Contrary to Mrs. P's assertion, I do not currently own a space suit and have not owned one since 1978.

he's making one in the garage out of tin foil...

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-06-22 1:52 pm   Permalink

I just bought my ticket for July 8th. in San Francisco. Buy your tickets at Virtuous.com - they only charge $1 service charge.

http://virtuous.com/events/v/181536628/2005-07-08.html

Great American Music Hall is a great place to see the band. It's a beautiful old theatre with good acoustics and it's locally owned (unlike the Fillmore and others that are owned by Clear Channel). And it's only 4 blocks from Trader Vic's!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-06-22 3:26 pm   Permalink

I just heard Zolar-X are playing at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood on Saturday, July 23rd.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 09:19 am   Permalink

Jab - Now we're talking.

I'm sorry I won't be able to make the SF show on the 8th (Wife had already bought Hollywood Bowl tickets), but an L.A. show on the 23rd is definitely do-able. I'm planning on going. Anyone else? I think it would be a galactic kick to get a gang together for this.

Oh. and I can't wait to hear how the San Francisco show goes. Please give us a review when it's all over. Thanks for keeping us informed on the upcoming appearances of Zolar X. Can't wait to get this photo signed.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 09:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-22 15:26, thejab wrote:
I just heard Zolar-X are playing at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood on Saturday, July 23rd.

Zolar X, Ruins Alone (ft. Yoshida of RUINS), Genghis Tron, Pray To The Robots
Price: $8.00
Date: Sat, Jul 23
Start Time: 8:00 PM

Here's some info on "Ruins Alone":
Quote:
RUINS ALONE features Yoshida Tatsuya: one of the most innovative drummer/composer/improvisers in the Japanese avant-garde music scene. Yoshida emerged with his drum and bass duo, Ruins, in 1985 winning over fans like John Zorn, Sonic Youth, Mike Patton, Glenn Branca, and Bill Laswell (even forming the band Painkiller with Zorn and Laswell in the 90s) with their unique high energy mix of hardcore, noise, and progressive rock. This summer Yoshida visits the Knit for a very special solo performance as Ruins Alone. Fans of the Boredoms, Wives, or any of the above mentioned artists take note. Highly Recommended!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 9:58 pm   Permalink

Isn't the 23rd the date of the Beach Burn?

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shadven

Posted: 2005-06-24 12:14 pm   Permalink

I can't stop listening to the intro to "Timeless".

View Profile of shadven Send a personal message to shadven  Email shadven     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-24 12:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-24 12:14, shadven wrote:
I can't stop listening to the intro to "Timeless".

It's very Sweet-esque, "Fox on the Run".

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-24 3:11 pm   Permalink

Damn You PJ!!! I can't get that stupid song out of my head now! Damn you to hell! Arrrrg!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-07-13 1:41 pm   Permalink

Attention earthlings! I saw Zolar-X (minus the lead singer) last Friday night in SF. They were great: super tight and talented, they played all their songs, the lyrics were stupidly good (sung by the guitarist), and their hair and outfits were out of this world! They didn't even look that old - the outstanding drummer still looks the same as he did back in the 70s! Maybe they really are from another planet!

Go see them at the Knitting Factory on Saturday July 23rd. while you have the chance!

Jello Biafra was there sporting a glittery shirt! He introduced Zolar-X.

How could the first band be so good (Nagg) and the second band be so boring (the Naysayers)? Who books these opening acts?

Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-09 10:19 am   Permalink

I've just found Zolar-X's first album in its entirety on the Usenet. I've uploaded it so that any of zany Z-X fans can download it from here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/22421512/ZXTimless01.zip.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/22420371/ZXTimless02.zip.html

Purple Jade has also brought to my attention the news of a new 45 single from Zolar X:

http://www.alternativetentacles.com/product.php?product=1255

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-16 11:50 am   Permalink

Upcoming Shows !

Aug 18 2006
9:00P
Sunset Tavern
Seattle, WA

Aug 19 2006
Dante's
Portland, OR

Aug 20 2006
8:00P
The Alibi
Arcata, CA

Aug 21 2006
12 Galaxies
San Francisco, CA

Aug 23 2006
Brick By Brick
San Diego, CA

Aug 24 2006
8:00P
Modified Arts
Phoenix, AZ

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-28 3:50 pm   Permalink

I've told the Missus. We'll see if she wants to go. She might be itching to wear a spacesuit!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-04 11:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-16 11:50, Unga Bunga wrote:
Upcoming Shows !

Aug 23 2006
Brick By Brick
San Diego, CA

Yee Ha! Anyone else from SD planning on being there?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 1:01 pm   Permalink

Did I see Zolar X auditioning in a preview of this new show called, "The Next Great American Band"?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation