FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Trader Vics in Dallas, TX Now Open!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Trader Vics in Dallas, TX Now Open!!
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-15 7:45 pm   Permalink

This was sort of already mentioned in the thread about Bellevue, Washington but I think it's worthy of it's own topic for the TC'ers in TX. This is BIG.

http://dallas.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2005/05/30/story6.html

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2007-02-25 17:32 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2007-03-02 18:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2007-03-02 18:38 ]

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benehune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-16 3:16 pm   Permalink

Hey Juno, let me know the date of the grand opening and we can meet there. I have already told my wife and she can't wait to go shopping.

View Profile of Benehune Send a personal message to Benehune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-16 3:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Hey Juno, let me know the date of the grand opening and we can meet there. I have already told my wife and she can't wait to go shopping.

Will do. One year should be enough time to plan a TX TCer's meet.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-16 11:36 pm   Permalink

I know where i'm having my 31st birthday party now. HEY maybe we can talk to the owners after it opens and have a texas tiki event!

http://www.tradervicsdallas.com/

-one man aspiring to be everyone’s favorite unkle.
www.unklejohn.com

My Tiki Lounge http://unklejohn.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John on 2005-06-17 00:34 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benehune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-17 7:43 pm   Permalink

I am in. Hey do we know how many Texas TC'ers there are? I think the Canadians just did a head count. We should get everyone to fess-up. Neighboring states are welcome too.

View Profile of Benehune Send a personal message to Benehune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-17 8:18 pm   Permalink

I'm down in Houston, from which we just lost Kilikopela and his wahine to Korea for 2 years

But we also have RobotParts.

And Almost Human (whom I have yet to see!)

Sooo looking forward to a TV's being back in Texas!!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-17 8:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Hey do we know how many Texas TC'ers there are?

This thread would be a good start:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=6111&forum=4&start=0

...from when we tried to get a TX TCer's get-together some time ago. Unfortunately, some of these folks have been MIA for a while. There was one person called Suelo from Dallas who got into the old Trader Vics and posted a bunch of pics. They're on TC somewhere.

[ This Message was edited by: Juno on 2005-06-17 20:20 ]

Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-17 11:34 pm   Permalink

Good news guys.. I put the bug in their ear and they are interested in a yearly party! True it's going to be awhile, but that gives us time to get a really good proposal to them. I sent them a link to Hukilou and told them how successful it was.

BTW to the creators of Hukilou..thank you!

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
diesel tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-19 6:39 pm   Permalink

Great job unkle john!!!
I'm in for any get together at Trader Vics.I've been babbling to my wife since it was posted here like a freak!
I agree with the "headcount" idea. If we can't meet at a tiki-ish bar, maybe a gathering at a lake. Or better yet everyone go tubin down the guadelupe river.

View Profile of diesel tiki Send a personal message to diesel tiki  Email diesel tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotparts
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-19 8:58 pm   Permalink

Waahooo!!!

Being saddened by the lack of authenticity at Tiki Tiki (bar) here in Houston I look forward to many roadtrips to Dallas. I know I'll see Formikahini there probably more than I see her here in our hometown of Houston!!! Hope to also meet more Texan Tikiphiles before Vic's opens in '06 as I'm hoping to have a big luau this year if I can ever finish my home tiki bar.

RobotParts aka Don D'Ablo

View Profile of robotparts Send a personal message to robotparts  Goto the website of robotparts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gretanicole
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-20 08:46 am   Permalink

This is the best news! Can't wait!

Definitely count me in!

View Profile of gretanicole Send a personal message to gretanicole      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 10:23 am   Permalink

Welcome gretanicole! Always good to see more folks from the Dallas area.

Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 11:27 am   Permalink

Hey you guys are welcome. I feel bad b/c I could never attend any of the gatherings that Juno put together, so I felt I should put the bug in their ear and hopefully redeam myself as an interested Tx Tikiphile.

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 7:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I feel bad b/c I could never attend any of the gatherings that Juno put together

That's ok, Unkle, no-one else could attend them either. But hey, if anyone in the DFW area wants to do a get together before next June when TV opens I'm definitely in. I'm sure Unkle John will make the trip from Lubbock.

tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 8:43 pm   Permalink

Great! A TV in Dallas! For the other TX resident tiki-philes, I've recently joined your ranks, and reside in beautiful San Antonio. This is great news, and will be a great excuse for a drive up to Big-D!

Charlie

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation