FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Vics in Dallas, TX Now Open!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Trader Vics in Dallas, TX Now Open!!
BrickHorn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 08:48 am   Permalink

This has to be some kind of cruel joke.

View Profile of BrickHorn Send a personal message to BrickHorn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 12:06 pm   Permalink

Well, to put a brite side to the dark cloud...

Good things come to those who wait.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 11:45 am   Permalink

Jeeze, I deserve the first Mai Tai served at Dallas Trader Vics more than THESE people.... who's been holding vigil out front for 2 years?...braving the traffic on 75 and Mockingbird just to get a picture of the front door?? Who got kicked out of the Palomar's parking lot on more than one occasion for "getting in the way??" Who...I ask you...WHO???

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 11:54 am   Permalink

Do you suppose that "At My Table" place will actually *sell* TV's table ware? Or just taunt us with it?

Worth holding vigil, holding up traffic, and getting kicked out of the parking lot for a set of plates!

See you soon, Kenike!
Looking forward to buying you, who deserve it more than any vacuous Dallas socialite, a TV Mai Tai,
F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 7:37 pm   Permalink

Their web site is back in business...although there's no news on it and it still states that the restaurant is opening in 2006. But it's back up and running at least.

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 09:45 am   Permalink

a magazine is going to send me to Tulsa on a writing assignment. Tuls is practically a Dallas suburb. No idea of a date huh?
Robertiki

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 09:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-12 09:45, Robertiki wrote:
a magazine is going to send me to Tulsa on a writing assignment. Tuls is practically a Dallas suburb. No idea of a date huh?
Robertiki

I don't know a definite date but I'm guessing end of next week. Next Sunday & Monday is their "mock service."

When will you be in Tulsa? Isn't that about a 4 hour drive to Dallas?

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2007-02-12 14:49 ]

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 10:09 am   Permalink

4 hour drive? More like 5.

I drove to the Trader Vic's in Bellevue from Portland last week just for their happy hour. Thats a 3 hour drive.

I once drove a Vespa cross country for a drink at the tiki bar in Brooklyn.

Shoot fire, I have a whole roll of photos from the old TV but they are on film stock.
Robert

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 2:48 pm   Permalink

Spoke to someone at TV...the "unofficial" date of the opening is March 1st.

BrickHorn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 07:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-12 14:48, Kenike wrote:

...2010?

View Profile of BrickHorn Send a personal message to BrickHorn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
basylica

Posted: 2007-02-15 11:23 am   Permalink

Trader Vics is waiting for the health inspections next week....it's nearly done

Just FYI...I've seen it.

View Profile of basylica Send a personal message to basylica      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 7:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-13 07:17, BrickHorn wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-02-12 14:48, Kenike wrote:

...2010?

LOL I was thinking the same date! So I guess we should wait untill it's actually open before we start to plan our gathering, huh?

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 8:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2007-02-15 11:23, basylica wrote:
Trader Vics is waiting for the health inspections next week....it's nearly done

Just FYI...I've seen it.

Beans! We want beans!
Spill them!!

What's it like?!?
F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 10:10 am   Permalink

From todays Dallas Morning News:

Full-tilt tiki

The tiki gods are demanding just a few more days of construction and a little more paperwork before the old-new Trader Vic's opens at the Hotel Palomar on Mockingbird. Right now the owners are looking to open to the public on Feb. 27.

But every day, things are looking more tiki-fied.

Last week, the backlit Trader Vic's sign, in the faux Polynesian Trader Vic's font, went up on the side of Hotel Palomar above the recently installed big tiki statue.

Eve Bergeron, granddaughter of Victor "Trader Vic" Bergeron, has been in Dallas helping to train the staff.

Grandfather Victor opened his first restaurant in 1932 across the street from his parent's Oakland, Calif., grocery store. He named it Hinky Dink's. And even after he changed the name to Trader Vic's, old-timers like San Francisco Chronicle columnist Herb Caen referred to themselves proudly as the "loyal sons of Hinky Dink."

BrickHorn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 09:49 am   Permalink

The tiki gods are demanding just a few more days of construction and a little more paperwork before the old-new Trader Vic's opens at the Hotel Palomar on Mockingbird.

Damn you, Laura Miller!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation