[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Earthquakes & Tiki Mugs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Earthquakes & Tiki Mugs
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-14 02:40 am   Permalink

one of the good things here in Switzerland is that we have (almost) no earthquakes.
thanks god

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-21 01:46 am   Permalink

I have a friend who puts velcro on the bottom of his mugs and sticks them to his shelves. But idk how good an idea of this it actually is, cause I don't know if the velcro would come off the mug if you decided to sell it or something. If not, I assume that it would depreciate the value. But IDK, just food for thought.

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-28 08:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-07 18:22, LOL Tiki wrote:
Bad mug weather these days! A good time to double-check the museum wax.

Museum wax doesn't hold up very well when the temperatures start rising. Mine has melted to the point of looking like Vaseline on some of my mugs and they easily came off the bookshelf I was dusting this week. Of course with all of the termite damage to my apartment building I think saving my mugs will be the last thing on my mind when a big earthquake hits.
The museum wax hasn't left any stains on the wood, but I would test it on an inconspicuous location if you have nice furniture.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-31 09:41 am   Permalink

I secured all of my display cases to the wall. Same with my rum shelf. Bolted them all tightly to the wall so that they don't even wiggle when you bump them. I guess anchored to the wall is the best description.

I also have some mugs on the top of my wall. For those I laid a rope in front of them about half way, in the middle if the mug. This should prevent them from crashing to the floor at least.

I do think it is important though and it was the first thing that I thought about when I set up my cases. No one wants their one of a kind mug crashing to its demise.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation