FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving suburbanpagan's new necklace carving
suburbanpagan's new necklace carving
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 11:57 am   Permalink

I'm really happy with this guy.......I think with a little bit of tweaking and tightening up, I'll be ready to make a mold and cast these pups! But, there is nothing quite like the feel of the original in wood!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flacookz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 12:07 pm   Permalink

nice job. what do you use to make the mold and cast my son and his friends want a copy of several of my smaller ones. but I know they don't have andy money... Can you point me in a direction.

View Profile of flacookz Send a personal message to flacookz  Email flacookz Goto the website of flacookz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 12:19 pm   Permalink

Hey thanks! I like to use a two part silicon rubber for my molds and resin for the casts......I do like to use pulverized stone additives to give some of the simpler designs some heft but I think there is too much detail in this guy to use any additives because they tend to create too many air pockets....check out my site to see how some of the others turned out!

http://www.thetackytiki.com/000_SPT_necklaces.html

Also, go to http://www.micro-mark.com/ to check out the supplies!

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan on 2005-06-19 14:48 ]

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 12:56 pm   Permalink

Cool stuff Pagan, I like your candles too. How large is this guy, he's pretty handsome for an ugly tiki.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 12:58 pm   Permalink

Nice... Ugly tiki??

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 2:06 pm   Permalink

haha! Thanks Benzart! Ugly.........tacky......it's all good! The necklace is 2 3/4" tall.....I think I'll take this design and carve him on one of my 2' palm logs and see how the design translates to a "full scale" tiki!

this here is a headhunter I started to block out......I put some stain on it to stop some severe cracking.....damn logs are splitting like crazy!

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan on 2005-06-19 14:34 ]

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-19 8:55 pm   Permalink

Angry lil tiki you got there. Dont know if i want him hanging 'round my neck - he might bite it!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation