FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Thoughts for a NEW Creating Tiki Forum Structure....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Thoughts for a NEW Creating Tiki Forum Structure....
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-28 04:08 am   Permalink

Thanks Rodeo. I decided to edit my post to keep from starting another fiasco. I appreciate what you say. It's all good:)

G.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-29 4:21 pm   Permalink

Some problems have not been addressed but some seem to be headed in the right direction.

I will use Diablo Tiki as an example.

He is talented in wood, paint and cermanics. Its amazing to see one man master all the field of creating tiki.
I like how the greats keep their work in a folder of themselves. It saves space as to not post multiple posts when something is new.

I like and hate when Diablo Tiki updates his photos at the top when the replies to the new stuff continue on their way. Its not in the correct timeline or next to the replies (i believe)and few TCers pratice this.
But I see why why he does it. Sometimes I just want to see the pictures and then read the captions if I'm interested in want I see. Sometimes I just want to see the pictures without interference.

I'm a guy who in interested in all things created and tiki and want to be good at it all someday and will continue in try all mediums.

My next project, A painted carving for the home bar wearing a hawaiin shirt, holding a mug.

p.s. where do we put all the stuff that is already.

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY on 2005-06-29 16:24 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 06:07 am   Permalink

Just wondering if there is still any action happening with these ideas. It seems the Creating tiki forum is getting pretty large and spread out.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-30 06:31 am   Permalink

I second that.............

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-02 7:17 pm   Permalink

Who is the owner of this fine website?
Has anyone contacted him about their concerns?
Wes

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-02 7:51 pm   Permalink

Hanford L is. He is continually watching and if one will read the whole thread, they would find hanford has posted input more than a few times. He sees the issues and he hears them from us. Personally I think Many of the requests are making it far too complicated.
Right noe it is simple, If it is tiki and created by anyone here, post it here weather it be a lamp, tiki, picture frame, mug, jewelry, books painting, cartoon, home bar, and the tools used to makeall those things and more. I don't think we should have a catagory for Everything or everyone as that would really Complicate it to no end. We need to catagorize a few general sections and work with it for awhile. Look at the forums. They are simple and effective but just overloaded.
Re simplify and find out how to spread the load around tostreamline it.
Thanks

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
capotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-02 7:54 pm   Permalink

From the view point of a newer member of tiki central I get inspiration from all mediums.I found if you are interested in posts from a particular artist go to the member list and you can see every post they have made.If it was broken down to separate mediums I would still check them all out!

View Profile of capotiki Send a personal message to capotiki  Email capotiki Goto the website of capotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 12:14 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a good idea...
sometimes the "search" can be pretty annoying when you find thousands of posts. this can clean it up a bit

View Profile of turbosickboy Send a personal message to turbosickboy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 11:39 pm   Permalink

I like this idea.
I agree with what some people are saying about how some artists span multiple media, and how that might create additional topics, but I also think that if you're only in the mood to browse, and you don't really care what you're checking out, the organization issue is less important.
I think sub-categories would be most useful for people that just want to focus their browsing experience a bit, like if you're looking for some new carving ideas, or if you're curious about what other people have done in the field of painting tikis but have never tried it yourself. That way you have the freedom to browse without the limitations of a search, but you can still focus in on just the stuff that would be most useful at that time.
Brilliant idea, really!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 10:11 pm   Permalink

I agree with G. There are many areas, particularly tiki carving (which, yes, was the root and foundation when the Carving Post became Creating Tiki), that get buried. I agree on subdividing the topics, and would be willing to help, although it would have to be done somehow methodically, as there are so many pages.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation