FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts HGTV seeks fabulous TIki projects
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
HGTV seeks fabulous TIki projects
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-14 1:27 pm   Permalink

It over!! What a day. It was fun and exausting at times. The crew were here from 2:00pm-8:30pm. All the shots were of the yard (front and back) and the bar.

They had us show them how we made the lamps and Ric did a mock up of laying the stone. It was pretty interesting to see how it is done behind the scenes and we're curious to see how they edit it all together. For all the filming they did, the end result will only be about 5 minutes.

Some of the stuff they had us do/say was pretty corny. They really had us "over act" for some stuff. Pretty funny really.

Thanks to all the "extras" that showed up. Hopefully more pics will show up from some of them

Here are a few shots of the day that we managed to take between taping. Didn't have a lot a time to get our own, wish we had more.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-14 1:34 pm   Permalink

I knew it would be FUN..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-14 2:23 pm   Permalink

How exciting, what a way to celebrate ITD tres. Please, let us know when the episode airs.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 2:10 pm   Permalink

When is HGTV gonna show your special?? I hope I haven't missed it yet?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-07 06:44 am   Permalink

Ric and Moki, any news on the airing of your "Look What I did" HGTV Special? Did they already show IT? I can't find anything about it on HGTV.com and it Seems like it was SO long ago that you did the shoot. I really would hate to miss it.

Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-07 09:38 am   Permalink

Still no word yet. The series was supposed to begin back in November and our show was to be sometime after the first of the year. But here we are after the first of the year and the series hasn't even started yet.

We do know they are still filming episodes because we've talked to another TC'er who had to sign a release for some of his art.

As soon as we hear anything, we'll post and let everybody know

Aloha!!

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-07 4:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks Moki, I was afraid I had missed it. I'm sure they will get around to it one of these days, Then I'll have another chance to miss it again.

gretanicole
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-14 12:50 am   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing this!

I've got "TIKI" in my Tivo wishlist, and have it set to auto record. So I'll usually get anything with Tiki in it, even old Scooby Doo Tiki episodes. =D

View Profile of gretanicole Send a personal message to gretanicole      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 8:09 pm   Permalink

Any update on this?

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 08:41 am   Permalink

Hey, I just saw it! Don't know if it was a re-run or premiere, but it was cool to see familiar faces and top notch Tiki style on the TV. I've seen pics of the OnaTiki Lounge here on TC, and sadly, the quick shots and pans on "Look What I Did" barely scratched the surface of just how cool this place is.
Nonetheless, congratulations Moki and OnaTiki, for a job well done!
I hope to see your place in person someday.
CHEERS!

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 5:39 pm   Permalink

DOH! I missed it. Seamus, try to plan ahead and maybe you and I can make a trek to see their place. It could happen!

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 10:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys!! Anytime you make it down here, you are more than welcome to come for a visit.

HGTV gave us no notice of the airing. Luckily a family member in the midwest just happened to catch it and called us to tell us it was on or we would have totally missed it too.

A couple of friends managed to TIVO it, so hopefully we'll be able to get a digital copy and post it somewhere for those who want to see it.

Aloha!!

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 06:13 am   Permalink

HGTV has its HQ here in Knoxville and the lady in charge of new program developement pitched a tiki renovation show a while ago. We are hoping they will come to my new house and help me turn it into a tiki bar. It can take a full year to get a show going, so we'll see.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 10:42 am   Permalink

Congrats Moki & Ona! Can't believe I missed it. Damn!

I hope all the fame and attention doesn't change you. If Ona starts behaving like a rockstar or wearing a bone in his beard I promise to strangle him for his own good.

I know he'd want it that way.

BTW- Can't believe you let them film that homless guy living in your hut...

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 11:22 am   Permalink

I actually caught some of the show on Monday night! We normally have HGTV on during dinner prep-time, and I heard the announcer say something about tiki, and ran into the living room. Sure enough... palm trees, lava rock looking planters, and bamboo all over the place. Sorry I didn't recognize anyone at the beginning until the "party scene". Though I have never met him in person, I swear I recognized Monkeyman (Derek) with a drink in his hand. Then, someone I have met many times, Weirduncletiki popped onto camera with a big smile. At that point I knew the home they were shooting at had to be Tiki Central related Ohana.

Wonderful place, Ona and Moki!! Wish I would have caught the very beginning of it as well, but what I saw was pure paradise!! You should be proud. Thanks for giving some tips on lamp creation too.

Hope you can let us know any more air times. Would love to see the entire segment.

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation