FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts HGTV seeks fabulous TIki projects
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
HGTV seeks fabulous TIki projects
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 12:14 pm   Permalink

Wow, awesome. That's cool about the show. I'm tired of seeing all the tiki placed dissapear. If it gets on tv, it will bring in back into the mainstream again and hopefully others will get the fever! Then more tiki places will open with it's popularity, hopefully!

Great news!

We've got plenty of DIY projects we're working on this spring, the yard and waterfall/pond, the family room with matting on the far wall and ceiling, can't wait to get started!! It's coming together!

I'll post pics when it's done!

TikiMookie

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-25 8:49 pm   Permalink

According to HGTV's website, they are replaying the episode this Thursday April 26, 2007 @ 6:00 PM ET/PT.

Just remember.....A lot of what was said was scripted

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 07:34 am   Permalink

I just set it up on TIVO - along with the Forbidden Island Today show - thanks for the heads-up on the HGTV episode, as we missed it last time around!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 7:46 pm   Permalink

I'm so glad I finally got to see this.

I can't believe they made you say that. You know what I'm talking about.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-26 10:15 pm   Permalink

Darn...missed it.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blue Thunder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 11:20 am   Permalink

I saw it yesterday and thanks to the TIVO keyword search and automatic recording I finally got to see it.

View Profile of Blue Thunder Send a personal message to Blue Thunder  Email Blue Thunder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 11:22 am   Permalink

My Windows Media Center PC recorded it, which means I have a digital copy that I can edit down to just the actual segment. I'll try to get that done and posted on YouTube asap.

Nice job OnaTiki and Moki! But darn those rapid-fire cuts and off-kilter camera angles!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 12:15 pm   Permalink

I'll be on th lookout for that, I only caught about the last :30 sec. of tha t segment the other day when i got home ffrom work, I know my wife really wants to see it.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-08 10:36 pm   Permalink

Hey y'all,
The Look What I Did! segment on our home bar, The Moai Lounge, is scheduled to debut on Friday, May 25 at 6:00pm EDT/PDT!
I echo the sentiments of previous posters...the segment on Onatiki's pad was not only butchered (editing-wise), but far too short. From the pictures & descriptions I've heard of their joint, the HGTV segment barely scratched the surface. While it's really cool to see some national exposure for the neo-tiki renaissance (or whatever you choose to label the resurgence in tiki), it was disappointing to see such a brief, overly-edited piece.
We're pretty confident that, if nothing else, we'll look like total tools in our segment. And like Stewart Smalley used to say...that's okay. Because we're good enough, we're smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like our home tiki bar!

Scottiki
The Moai Lounge
Germantown, MD's finest (and only) tiki bar

View Profile of Scottiki Send a personal message to Scottiki  Email Scottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 11:10 pm   Permalink

Heya Scott Jymmy here yea thats gonna be a kool one . lets see what they show . take care Jymmy

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation