[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge pablus' bilge blob blog
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
pablus' bilge blob blog
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 2:45 pm   Permalink

Relating to the Tiki Events thread in which I bemoan my state of blob-hood and cancel my trip to CA;

I thought this would be a good place to keep track of my progress toward perfect health.

Sunday - June 19th...
Threw a party at the Lagoon Lounge.
The food was spectacular and so were the drinks I HEAR! Yes, that's right - as we made the Scorpions and Hawaii Kai Treasure, I also bastardized a version of the Maui Sunrise (non-alcoholic) and drank it from a beautiful cored out pineapple my Amber Love Goddess made for me.

A great time for everyone and I was pretty astonished at my resolve, which almost caved at the end of the night when I just sipped a straw full of the "Treasure" and a straw full of "Scorpion." Then I finished my water.

I actually lost 2 pounds... making the total since Cinco de Mayo - 37.

I'd rather down a barrell of Zombies but that's what got me here in the first place...sooo...

I hope I can look back on this thread one day and laud my success over some fresh Mai Tais or Navy Grogs or Test Pilots.

Or I may look back on it and wish I had stayed on course.

Either way - I thought it would be a good idea to keep my focus up since I visit here everyday.

Hope you will indulge me this little corner of the forum and thanks for all your well-wishes, advice and warm thoughts in the Events thread. I really mean that or my name isn't Ocean Tiki.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2005-06-20 4:19 pm   Permalink

Pabless,

I'll be your number 1 cheerleaderhosen. You can do it! Give me a P, give me a U, give me a ... what was I saying?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 9:16 pm   Permalink

Pabby-

Screw the booze and just start slammin' dope!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-21 05:25 am   Permalink

WIthout mentioning any specifics, I have had to quit EVERYTHING, including coffee.

My doc knows all about my...errrr...pastimes and said "for a while", until I get my BP under control - everything must go.

It's OK - I'll get in surf-shape and get you liver-pirates to teach me how to surf. (Once I was a pretty good slalom water-skier.)

[ This Message was edited by: pablus on 2005-06-21 05:26 ]

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-06-21 3:42 pm   Permalink

We're all rootin' for you Pablus. You see we want you around for a long time!

I feel for you. I had to give up tropical drinks and beer (though not all alkeehol) for a while to stop my chronic heartburn and reduce my beer belly so my clothes would fit again. It took about a year but it worked.

The best of luck to you my friend! I want to see you at my first Hukilau later this year.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 05:52 am   Permalink

Holy shit it's like asking the Pope to quit praying!

Take care of the vessel my brutha, it's all we really have.

If you need a stunt drinker I'm not your man! I can probably cover about an 8th of it but I'm going to have to put together a group to cover the rest.

Seriously take care.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 2:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks Floundy,

48 pounds gone as of this morning.
And I'm still a hog scow.

I did have some terrific German beer at Schnitzelhaus on Friday night. But only 1 mass and one normal one.

When I'm at the breakfast table munching the FlaxPlus cereal with blueberries and soymilk... I gaze over at the half full bottle of Pampero and the full bottle of Plantation and wonder.

But I have a goal in mind for liquor consumption and it's not going to be for a few months still.

BP is averaging 135/72.

Working on the Crazed Mugs CD this week.
Finished the mix and mastering of the Haole Kats new one last week.

Feelin' fine.

Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 4:40 pm   Permalink

Pablus,
Great news buddy, good work. Hey, I heard your CD at Ona tikis party last week, sounded great, heard my name mentioned. We'll see you in California soon enough.
Mahalo,
Al
(shelley and I changed our names)

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 06:09 am   Permalink

50 pounds and holding.
I gained a few back and took it off quickly.
Then did that again.
And again.
So I'm holding here for 2 months and have just begun to ride my beloved bicycle again. Man, I forgot how much I loved that thing. And just in time for gas to be 11 dollars a gallon.

I do imbibe but not much and only on special occasions.
Like "night." Or "day."

Reprogramming the neural net takes some time but I'm commited to being healthy.

BP is great and I have taken the medicine down to a quarter of what I was originally taking. 20mg down to 5mg of Benicar.

Just sayin' is all.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 10:20 am   Permalink

That's fantastic to hear. I want you to be as healthy as you can be, but I also want there to be plenty of you to hug when I get to Hukilau! I'm selfish that way.

Keep on keepin' on.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 12:58 am   Permalink

Best thread name ever, Pablus

(now say it ten times fast)

Congratulations to you on your awesome progress!!!

Belieeeeve me, I know how difficult that is. Ugh.

xo tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 09:31 am   Permalink

Okay, Pablus... We're rootin' you on and ready for your California arrival. We'll take you out for a night on the town! We Californians can show you a real good time and get you into some tofu sandwiches on sprouted wheat bread washed down with some wheatgrass juice and some delcious Tofutti for dessert. Yummmmmeeeeee! Oh, we also have those Trader Vic's restaurants out here, but I doubt you'd be interested. Looking forward to seeing you out here soon.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mahalomo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-05 4:00 pm   Permalink

Pablus,
Just wanted to drop a word of encouragement because it sounds like you deserve it. Keep up the good work, and Godspeed to the next mai tai when the time is right.

View Profile of mahalomo Send a personal message to mahalomo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-05 8:52 pm   Permalink

And here's from the Tampa ohana that still have yet to see you...lol...

Here's to another Labor Day weekend completely farked by doing chores and housework..damn an apartment looks good right about now, except for the house down the street selling for about twice what a reasonable person would pay! I am rambling again...too many Mai Tai's this evening...boy Lemon Hart is good.

Anyway, good luck with the BP! Hope all is well soon and we can share a Mai Tai or 5...hahaha.
Ok gotta sleep now, work tomorrow you know, plus I gotta charge the wife's ipod...

[ This Message was edited by: Jawa 2005-09-06 06:52 ]

View Profile of Jawa Send a personal message to Jawa  Email Jawa Goto the website of Jawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-29 7:52 pm   Permalink

Well - I finally broke the 50 lbs mark.
52 pounds as of yesterday.

Man - it's starting to get tough to shed them now.
I actually have to move around and stuff.
I thought if I typed faster it would help - but it doesn't.

2 things:
I'm am a fish-a-holic now. I can't get enough of it.

Also, went off the BP meds 2 weeks ago and the BP actually came down a bit. Prolly the excercise and all that. Well, that and the tee-totaling.

The bad moments are getting shorter and farther apart and the good feelings are getting more intense and lasting for days now. I was in pretty bad shape... no - real bad.

Thanks for all the good mana and aloha and for allowing this to continue, because I sort of HAVE to continue now that I've got this stupid blog going.

Bikes are great.
I actually can make it to the studio now in under 10 minutes and it takes me that long to drive, usually.

I've been so dumb... but now I'm...uhhh...lesser... dumb-ly...ized.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation