[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge pablus' bilge blob blog
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
pablus' bilge blob blog
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 9:42 pm   Permalink

Hey Pablus...I haven't met you (I think) and I'm not privy to your full story, but just wanted to say AWESOME!
I lost about 100 lbs and had to cut waaaay back on my drinking. Not easy!! but I started blacking out and have actually lost a substantial amount of memory, along with the weight. Not good. I have the worst long and short term memory now; so much so I can legally claim it as a disability! But my health is great: low BP, Chol, etc... and a lot more energy. I try to just drink socially now... and keep it metered. Only diet tonic water w/ Torani Lime syrup (sugar free) and tequila. And 2 per evening/event (blew it at Oasis!).
Anyhoo, just wanted to let you know I feel for ya! And I'm rootin for ya!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 06:12 am   Permalink

Thanks all,

But I gained it all back by drinking 112 Navy Grogs at London Trader Vics in one night.
Kon Hemsby kept pushing me.

...nah, I escaped Paris and London unscathed and actually lost a few pounds.
(Samuel Smith Bitters is the best beer I've ever had - which is a lot of them around this great globe of ours.)

Doing well and am dropping at a steady pace.

Closing in on 75.

When that landmark (lardmark?) happens, thejab is supposed to fly over here and get a chateaubriand at Bern's Steakhouse with me.

Jab, old bean, I happen to know several of the waiters there and we'll get excellent service and choice cuts.
Maybe you can stop by on the way to Hukilau 2006.
I'm should have easily hit it by then.

Congratulations Hau 'oli Tiki! That's quite a feat.
I'm sure I'll see you in California.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 09:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-31 06:12, pablus wrote:
I'm sure I'll see you in California.

When?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 2:14 pm   Permalink

Well, I'm going to try to make it out there for Ona Tiki's party but can't commit just yet.
Trying to line a few things up out there so I can stick around for more than 3 days.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-04 11:28 am   Permalink

Hey Pablus, sounds like you're doing it right! A lot of people tourture themselves to loose weight fast but then yo-yo when they can't keep it up. Slow and steady wins the race. Take care!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-07 8:09 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-06-07 21:07 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation