FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Skully's #2... Progress Update/Gallery (pg 3)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Skully's #2... Progress Update/Gallery (pg 3)
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 9:44 pm   Permalink

Cool dude, you got the proportions pretty damn good! I'm guessing it would take a bit of experience to get the "stretch" right? makes it all the more impressive.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 07:50 am   Permalink

Man, like the six million dollar tiki. With technology we can build him. The tiki carvers of the old would have never thought of these days. You haven't even started and I can say, "it looks good".

it has the last "tiki crawl" tiki mug feel to him. Like a little woodland creator. I like that look. Maybe like a craving of what a tiki's pet might look like craved. You have may attention.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 3:09 pm   Permalink

Progress Report-

Thanks everyone for your comments! This guy's comin' right along- I feel like he's not too far from finshed... I'm thinking about a turquoise blue stain, or I may just go dark grey and try to make him look all weathered.

Check out the progress gallery here!

The Lost Resort

[ This Message was edited by: Capt'n Skully 2005-09-11 08:15 ]

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 3:35 pm   Permalink

DAMN Skully!!! Great work. You've got a real winner there.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 4:06 pm   Permalink

that is turning out to be one of the best I've seen

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 9:31 pm   Permalink

That's right on the money, Skully. Beautiful. I think I like the little nose wrinkles the best. Like I said, the 3-D wrap works wonders, but it's gone so much deeper and stylized now that you've committed it to wood. This will be another "par for the course" dynamite Skully tiki, I'm sure.

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 9:41 pm   Permalink

Cap,

That is high-tech man! Neat stuff. I imagine that will keep your carving balanced nicely and allow you to carve the left and right sides nearly identically. I work in a totally opposite way (no plan & very little thinking), but I think what you are doing here is wicked cool. I admire your planning efforts.

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-10 11:01 am   Permalink

Thanks Machtiki, TeaKey, AA and GMan! Those are huge compliments to me...

GMan- My methods (developed from techniques by A-A and BK primarily) are exactly for that- to maintain the symmetry as much as possible... I learned quickyl with my first tiki how powerful the pre-planning process can be- so you can focus on the details and not worry so much on the features themselves.. Otherwise I would have quit halfway thru the first one and never carved again. In a way I wish I could just draw some lines and have at it tho... BTW- Your chainsaw skills are strong!

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation