[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving the pagan paints
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
the pagan paints
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-21 11:50 pm   Permalink

I've put down my wacom stylus and picked up my brushes and got down to some artwork "Pre-'95" style! (before I got my first macintosh with photoshop!) These are all in progress but I'm really excited to show them so I'm letting the cat out of the bag! Warning: these pictures are really low rez and over saturated but I can't help myself!

36X36
A direct encounter with this moai....

24X36
"Kandinsky discovers rum"
We've all been in this place! At least, in our minds...

22X28
This one's a little standoffish

30X40
He's seems happy with the results......

22X28
Another confrontational one! how nice!

I'm still reworking all of these but I think enough of the idea is there! More to come!

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan on 2005-06-22 14:31 ]

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 03:18 am   Permalink

those are awesome! too bad the camera dosent catch the textures of the paint. this place is definetly getting me motivated to put a brush to the canvas again.

Creative Glassworks "Island Series"
http://www.creativeglassworksaz.com
john@creativeglassworksaz.com

View Profile of john Send a personal message to john  Email john Goto the website of john     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 06:25 am   Permalink

Very fine work sp (who knew?)- I really like the first one best. Thanks for posting.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 06:28 am   Permalink

cool art dude - I like it heaps. Looking forward to seeing some more

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 08:48 am   Permalink

These are great. I work on the box as well, and its fun to get away from from it. Keep up the good work.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 10:11 am   Permalink

Very nice! Love the Moais
Keep 'em coming!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 2:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks a lot everybody! The positive vibe is a great feeling! I'm glad I got back to my roots...... it IS so nice to step away from the box! Here's an update of the moai in profile. The problem with being so psyched to get to painting is that I just went and started painting on an old canvas that had all this texture that doesn't work for this subject...it was really distracting me so I took some 50 grit sandpaper and sanded this mother down and destroyed it a little knowing I'd be much happier in the long run! So here is an update with some more accurate landscape features too..still not done, but getting close!....got some others in the wings too. Hope you like!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 2:32 pm   Permalink

Awesome stuff Pagan!

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 2:36 pm   Permalink

thanks FLOUNDER! Holy Schnikeys! Your Bambi 2000 is too awesome! Unbelievable stuff!

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 3:00 pm   Permalink

They're all real nice. but I think I like the style of the 22x28 confrontational one the best. You gotta name these bad bays.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 5:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-22 14:36, suburbanpagan wrote:
thanks FLOUNDER! Holy Schnikeys! Your Bambi 2000 is too awesome! Unbelievable stuff!

Thanks brutha. You should buy it.

Multi-scrotumed Ass-Nippled Adventurer!!! LOL What the hell was that all about?

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 5:22 pm   Permalink

Ha! FLOUNDER, you did some serious rootin' around to find that one! Haha! That was for "Mr. Show with Bob and David" for a transition between scenes! Glad you like? it? haha!

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 11:42 pm   Permalink

Here's another one in progress.......this is like a snippet from a night at the club.......a drunken picture postcard! I call it "An interesting aside"...that's for you, Raffertiki!

tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-06-23 01:05 am   Permalink

Top Shelf work mate - I like the rough style - works well with tikis and is something you can call your own style. I am new to Tiki Central and have found these guys to be very helpful and supportive.

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-26 12:12 pm   Permalink

Thanks tiki beat! Lot of supportive people in the ol' TC! Here's an update of an earlier sketch....still workin' it...I've bouncing around on these 5 or 6 paintings for the past month, so the updates are sporadic at best!
"Thank you for your support." -Bartle's and James circa 1987

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation