FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving the pagan paints
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
the pagan paints
motiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-03 9:35 pm   Permalink

Is there anything you can't do? Great work as usual, love the Moai.

View Profile of motiki Send a personal message to motiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-03 11:56 pm   Permalink

thanks a lot mo! I appreciate your kind words!
I was just about to upload a new idea I'm working on........it's my fantasy of being a menu cover painter from the 1940's and 50's! I think I'll do more of these... This one is a digital pic of a rough oil that I did a little additional sketching in photoshop to work it out a bit more then I'll go back to the canvas

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 01:23 am   Permalink

Love the outline of that one. Will look cool when you have a good go at it

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 10:20 pm   Permalink

here's an update of my menu cover piece:

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-05 06:21 am   Permalink

That last piece is cool, sp. I like the brush strokes and colors.

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-05 08:34 am   Permalink

Thanks Sam! Yeah, I can feel my chops finally coming back! I think this one is my fave now!

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 11:12 pm   Permalink

Update! Feeling closer to being done!

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 04:29 am   Permalink

Love the use of light in that last one

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-16 4:59 pm   Permalink

I've redesigned the tiki on this one......never quite got into the older one...going to rework his forehead a bit too...always sumpin'!

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2005-07-16 17:00 ]

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-16 6:01 pm   Permalink

The last 2 look like they are part of a series. Very cool work.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 11:38 pm   Permalink

I really like the last one you posted!!! Something about it...can't quite put my finger on it.

And this is my first post...hee, thanks for turning me to this place.

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CondorTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-20 12:00 am   Permalink

Way to go SP! Nice stuff, Very nice!

View Profile of CondorTiki Send a personal message to CondorTiki  Email CondorTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-20 07:38 am   Permalink

Got a good sense of light in those last 2 pagan

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-20 08:41 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the support everybody! Yeah, these last two are part of a series I call "Snippets from a Club"...........just little scenes that might get etched in your head when in a rum haze in an exotic locale! These paintings really make me glad I picked the brush back up.........I have really burned out on digital art creation after working in photoshop all these years! More to come soon, including my attempt at the monthly theme! Thanks again! Good to see you in TC Ravenne!

Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-20 09:20 am   Permalink

Hey Pagan, I really like those last two. You've really captured the exotic feel of a dark tiki bar, very cool.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation