FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Greetings & Carvings from Hypnotiki
Greetings & Carvings from Hypnotiki
hypnotiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-22 08:50 am   Permalink

Hello folks- I'm Jay Brooks and I haven't put up a post since clouseaux's "lagoon!" release last summer but I think I'm ready to come out of my shell. I've been carving for a little over a year now and I've finally mustered up the cojones to post a few pics. I'd like your feedback if you'd be willing to share. Please let me add that as far as the hypnotiki name is concerned, it has absolutely nothing to do with Sam's piece of the same title. It's random coincidence having chosen the same name but we've spoken about it and all is kosher. Here we go...

here's a 2foot oak piece it has a chamber in the back which houses an incense cone and when burned, the smoke comes out of the mouth:

smaller designs (about 6-9inches tall):

Hypnotiki Idols & Charms

[ This Message was edited by: hypnotiki on 2005-06-22 09:07 ]

View Profile of hypnotiki Send a personal message to hypnotiki  Email hypnotiki Goto the website of hypnotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 09:19 am   Permalink

Nice work hypnotiki. Those smaller ones look much larger than 6-9 inches. Thanks for posting too.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
maja

Posted: 2005-06-22 09:55 am   Permalink

i think that your work is owesome... and i rely like that 'smoky' ideja

Maja

View Profile of maja Send a personal message to maja      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 2:26 pm   Permalink

Nice work. those camera angles make those guys look huge. Cant wait to see some more.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 7:35 pm   Permalink

like the second and third ones - very cool. Love the idea of the smoking tiki too - like it much I do. Can't wait to see some more pics

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hypnotiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-24 10:21 am   Permalink

Thanks for the input... here are some more:

This is a 6 footer, cedar, done with mallet and chisel. It's a little rough but that's the way it goes with out electricity...

9 inch moai:

6 inch design:

Hypnotiki Idols & Charms

[ This Message was edited by: hypnotiki on 2005-06-24 10:23 ]

View Profile of hypnotiki Send a personal message to hypnotiki  Email hypnotiki Goto the website of hypnotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2005-06-24 10:39 am   Permalink

I like those, Hypnotiki.

That incense-cone tiki in your first post - I'd love to see him carved LARGE. He's unique and for some reason harkens back to the vintage tikis of the Sixties. Can't put my finger on it, just feels like he's vintage. I can picture stumbling upon him in an old apartment building or restaurant. Really cool design.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-25 07:55 am   Permalink

Those Do look great Hypno, Trick photography indeed akes them all look larger. I Love your Signature grafic also, COOL.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation