Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Sneak Preview - HAOLE KATS!!! new Hapa-Haole CD
Sneak Preview - HAOLE KATS!!! new Hapa-Haole CD
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 11:40 am   Permalink

In between rum-soaked Uke Jams at Pablus' Lagoon Lounge, we've actually been working. It's taken us quite a bit longer to get around to recording than we thought due to heavy giggage this year...but we're almost finished.

The CD is called Lei'd Back, and focuses on classic Hapa-Haole tunes. It's all acoustic, featuring the traditional lineup of Resonator Guitar, Upright Bass and Ukulele.

We recorded these tracks live in Kanekila's living room...just like the old days, we all had to get a good take at the same time...no easy feat...but it was well worth the effort. The result is a very natural sounding recording that accurately represents our live sound.

It will include:

Luau
My Little Grass Shack
Palms
South Sea Lullabies
Little Brown Gal
Pearly Shells
On A Coconut Island
Lovely Hula Hands
Blue Hawaii
Aloha Oe
Hula Blues
On A Little Bamboo Bridge

We'll be sure to announce when the finished product is available. In the meantime, here are a few tunes to whet your appetite...please take a moment to let us know what you think.

Thanks!

http://www.whollycatsband.com/downloads/HAOLE_KATS____Lei_d_Back_-_Luau.MP3

http://www.whollycatsband.com/downloads/HAOLE_KATS____Lei_d_Back_-_South_Sea_Lullabies.MP3

Josh Gibson & HAOLE KATS!!!
http://www.whollycatsband.com

[ This Message was edited by: Haole Kat on 2005-06-22 18:20 ]

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 12:02 pm   Permalink

Nice stuff - thanks for the preview links! I look forward to the whole album.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 3:30 pm   Permalink

I just love the sound of that resonator.
You guys are fantastic!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 3:58 pm   Permalink

Sounds great! I hope you will have copies of your cd available when you perform at Exotica.
-Duke

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 6:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks! Glad ya'll are digging it...I had a feeling Pablus was gonna like it...I know he's got a soft spot for that acoustic steel.

Duke - We'll have copies of our 1st Hawaiian disc, the new disc and our Swing CD. We're looking forward to seeing everyone at Exotica!

Josh
www.whollycatsband.com

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 9:52 pm   Permalink

The only thing that could be better than your last disc would be another one!

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uke jackson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-23 09:28 am   Permalink

aloha haole kat!
a local fan of yours here in the aloha commonwealth of pennsylvania gave me a copy of your last cd, and i've spun a couple trax on the radio, and will continue to spin more. i really like your sound. please be sure to get me an airplay copy of the cd.

listening right now. great suff.

View Profile of uke jackson Send a personal message to uke jackson  Goto the website of uke jackson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 09:58 am   Permalink

Congrats! Looking forward to getting a copy of this gem.

-Iuka Grogg

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation