FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music The coolest new TIKI song ever!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The coolest new TIKI song ever!
KOAN - TIKI

Posted: 2005-06-27 7:22 pm   Permalink

Great idea Freddie!I'm going to work on that.

Skeeter - No, this is not the Unknown theme. I have unknown's Desert Luau on his 14 chart toppin hits CD. Predates the " Future Is Unknown" one. I also have a 50th generation tape of his old cable access shows from Charlotte, N.C.

I highly recommend the David Ball album called " FREEWHEELER " which Vic rightly points out is of the country genre - but trust me his version of the Unknown song is quite cool and very TIKI - lots - o - great Hawaiian style steel guitar, some uke, some island drums, and David's immortal voice. ALL MUSIC GUIDE gave it 4 stars out of 5 and called it his opus album. Check it out -
Zen you'll know what I'm talkin' about.

Best,

KOAN - TIKI

View Profile of KOAN - TIKI Send a personal message to KOAN - TIKI      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KOAN - TIKI

Posted: 2005-06-27 7:24 pm   Permalink

P.S.

Thank heavens that my new username worked this time.

Aloha,

KOAN - TIKI

View Profile of KOAN - TIKI Send a personal message to KOAN - TIKI      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-27 8:15 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Koan-Tiki!

Glad the new user-name is workin'! I was gonna write to tell skeeter that the "Unknown Hinson Theme" wasn't what I was talking about but you beat me to it.

Thought I'd take the opportunity, too, to mention that Unknown is now a member of the Capitol Records stable. If you haven't got "Rock'n'Roll is Straight from Hell" yet you've got some gettin' out and gettin' to do.

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KOAN - TIKI

Posted: 2005-06-27 8:50 pm   Permalink

Hey Vic - thanks. Yes, I am aware as to " the king of country and western troubadors"
affiliation with Capitol - ( Welcome to the machine ) A guitar playing buddy of mine from Spartanburg ( not far from your neck of the woods ) has played the new record for me - although, as you say, I've got some gettin to do!

Best,

KOAN - TIKI

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation