FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Free Printmaking Tools/Inks/Brayers/Lino Cutters
Free Printmaking Tools/Inks/Brayers/Lino Cutters
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-25 5:45 pm   Permalink

Want to make some tiki art? I am giving away this collection of lino printmaking tools for free to whoever wants it to make some tiki art! I only ask that you pay me shipping. These belonged to my dad - he took up printmaking after he retired. I was just going through a box of his old stuff today and put this lot together... Let me know if you are interested....

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-25 6:12 pm   Permalink

I have never tried print making, looks like fun. I am sure there is someone who would make better use of it than me.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-25 7:32 pm   Permalink

Tikifish try it. It's easy to do and fun. I used to do this long ago.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-25 7:44 pm   Permalink

I have done it before, but it makes a big mess! Not a good hobby to take up in the all-white space age condo...

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-25 11:10 pm   Permalink

*Fourcrows* is the happy taker of this lot, thanks!

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-25 11:19 pm   Permalink

Congrats Fourcrows! Lino printing is my favorite of the printing techniques! Very generous of you tikifish! Kudos!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-26 12:30 am   Permalink

Nice of you to offer these up, tikifish... Knowing nothing about the process, I would have been a total dork with this equipment in hand. That's not to say that I'm not a dork anyhow though!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-26 12:59 am   Permalink

Im just happy to pass on the stuff to someone who will use it. Its hard when a parent dius, to know what to do with all the stuff. You want to keep it all, buy you can't. My mom is moving from the house I grew up in, so therefore a lot of things are coming up to light that we have to deal with - this box was one of them! there was some fun stuff in it I kept for myself though. I can't wait to see what fourcrows does with it!

*Fourcrows*
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-26 05:01 am   Permalink

Thanks so much TikiFish, this is such an incredibly sweet thing!! TC is an amazing place!

I promise to show everything...

I'm doing the finishing touches on a small Maoi right now...(I was carving it when I saw TF's post) ....I'll set up a pic as soon as I'm happy with it.

so, again, thank you (insert some kind of jumpy tiki guy clip here)...I'll be back with some pics later...
Robin

View Profile of *Fourcrows* Send a personal message to *Fourcrows*  Email *Fourcrows* Goto the website of *Fourcrows*     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-26 08:27 am   Permalink

Tikifish....the fact that you offered these to fellow TCers for free tells alot about you. That was a very sweet and cool thing to do.

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation