FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Creating Tiki Theme Discussion/Comments.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Creating Tiki Theme Discussion/Comments.
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-02 11:51 am   Permalink

June is toast.

Creating tiki can go on a lot of tangents. Heck, I have an idea that you would never see coming.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-02 12:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-01 08:45, finkdaddy wrote:
Hasn't this idea been tried here before? In two or three days no one will remember this conversation even took place.

Please?!?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-02 7:52 pm   Permalink

It looks as if capn skully has posted a new thread on a "july theme". His post sends people back to this post as refrence and further discussion. So i deside to change the name a bit. Im not sure if this will be succsesful but
if you have any more suggestions on the topic please continue to post. If the theme idea works out then i can change the name further, not that its that big of a deal.We are all here for fun so have sum.

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-02 7:55 pm   Permalink

Here is a link to that thread... Creating Tiki: July theme - Mysterious Island Pier
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15396&forum=7&0

[ This Message was edited by: kirby on 2005-07-02 19:56 ]

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-03 05:33 am   Permalink

I like this theme much better than where it was going before. I'm going to have to fire-up the old imagination and give it a go.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-03 08:17 am   Permalink

I'm in! onya skully!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
*Fourcrows*
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-08 5:36 pm   Permalink

sorry...posted over on the other thread...so...

how is this any good for the carvers?

Seems the painters are far outnumbered here, it only seems fair.

View Profile of *Fourcrows* Send a personal message to *Fourcrows*  Email *Fourcrows* Goto the website of *Fourcrows*     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-08 5:55 pm   Permalink

I'm a carver and I'm working on one for the July theme."Willie hears ya. Willie don't care".

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 04:04 am   Permalink

Next month a more friendly one for the carvers?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 04:19 am   Permalink

Flounder suggested that the idea had bombed, fair call.

But, I saw some cool art that would not have occurred if this concept had never happened. A crap turnout of art is better than no turnout at all.

Looking towards next month, are we gonna have another go?

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 06:43 am   Permalink

I say try again. July and August are tough months - there are a lot of other distractions, vacations, kids, and nice weather. Also perhaps something a theme a little less complicated, like, Your favorite Tiki, tiki Cheesecake, or Hot Rod Tiki.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 08:45 am   Permalink

Agreed... It's a slack tide situation...

Let's hear a few more ideas for August theme and kick it off!

I do like hot rod tiki for a theme

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 08:50 am   Permalink

hotrods and tiki are my bread and butter.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flacookz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 12:51 pm   Permalink

Hot rods are cool by me. Sorry I couldn't participate in the July theme. But the content was Great.

-----------------------------------------------

www.PalmCityTiki.com

View Profile of flacookz Send a personal message to flacookz  Email flacookz Goto the website of flacookz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 1:14 pm   Permalink

I would agree hotrod tiki would be a great theme, wether its a rod inspired carving or a tikified Hotrod painting or whatever ... My vote is for this theme.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation