Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Palama Tiki's Latest Creation
Palama Tiki's Latest Creation
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-29 09:30 am   Permalink

Here's a guy inspired by one of Octane's beautiful pieces. He's carved in pine with a cherry stain; about 3.5 - 4 feet tall. Excuse the bare, unfinished area around his base: I had to expand that landscape area and am still waiting on a truckload of mulch.

[img}http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d808b3127cce92c752e2167000000015108QbtGbZqyca[/img]

here's the new guy with an older relative...

Thanks for looking!

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-29 1:25 pm   Permalink

Palama,those are terrific!So many talented people are on Tiki Central-count yourself among them!

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-29 5:17 pm   Permalink

Thank you doc... that means alot to me, especially with the caliber of artists on this site.

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-29 5:25 pm   Permalink

Very cool. He looks like he might knock your block off if you got too close! I love the skulls in the background too.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-29 7:22 pm   Permalink

Great Tiki yard! Mine needs to look like that.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-29 8:26 pm   Permalink

Very cool tiki with a distinctive style - and that yard, where do you live? In Tiki Gardens???? It's beautiful!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-29 10:23 pm   Permalink

Palama, you're back! I knew you must be off carving something good. I like the bold features and stylized loincloth. I see you've also got one of those crazy signs in the background like Mr. 8 Ft. Tiki. Thanks for the great pix.

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-30 12:04 am   Permalink

Cool dude - you got a cool style, nice and clean

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-30 06:32 am   Permalink

Thank you for all the good words Fink, Surfintiki, Sam, A-A, Hewey! I appreciate it!

Fink, the skull on the post is part of one of my no trespassing signs; i have the wording in English and Hawaiian.

Surfintiki and Sam: thanks for the props on the yard. Sam, I live on a rapidly rising lake in Central FL: with the record June rains that we've had, i've lost at least 30 feet of beachfront where i had some additional landscaping. I had to dig out and replant as much foliage as i could and get them to higher ground over the last few weeks.

So what used to look like this:

now looks like this:

The water is even higher now, covering that top step. I'm not too happy about it, but many people are losing their homes to the flooding.

A-A, i was going to make the 'loincloth area' more realistic like Gecko does, but i figured i'd freak out the neighbors, so i went with the PG version. The sign post has been there for years, and documents the locations of wreck dives that I have done.

Thanks again all!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation