FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Bar TV - latest episode
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Tiki Bar TV - latest episode
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 10:10 am   Permalink

Dry Halloween

Da da da da da

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-29 8:34 pm   Permalink

Episode 36 - Conspiracy

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-29 8:40 pm   Permalink

BUY STUFF NOW

Murph
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-27 12:39 pm   Permalink

Is Tiki Bar TV still alive or have they crossed over?

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-27 2:38 pm   Permalink

I believe they pulled the plug some time ago. It was a good run, but sort of lost its edge (or maybe just its newness) after episode 10 (drinkbot). Geez, I can't believe that was over 5 years ago.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-27 2:59 pm   Permalink

It's been a little over a year. The last (or, most recent?) was Episode 45 - The Commodore - from Dec., 2009. Maybe they're just in in hiatus, waiting for some fresh ideas. Or, working on a new concept: Tiki A.A. Chapter.

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-27 5:50 pm   Permalink

I heard that Kevin Gamble (Johnny Johnny) got a gig as a big vice president at Disney. I imagine that severely limited his time to be mixing cocktails at the S.S. Tiki Bar.

Of course, there could be a myriad of other reasons that TBTV is stalled in the horse latitudes. I suspect we may have seen the last of it. Well, it certainly was fun while it lasted.

[ This Message was edited by: PiPhiRho 2011-01-27 17:51 ]

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-27 8:51 pm   Permalink

Yeah. Sellout!
Kevin Gamble Joins Disney Television Animation

Maybe TBTV can become a special division of Disney, now?

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2011-01-27 20:52 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr Ventures

Posted: 2011-01-28 1:04 pm   Permalink

Ah well...at least their neighbors will enjoy the quiet now.

View Profile of Dr Ventures Send a personal message to Dr Ventures      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
webwide
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-28 1:18 pm   Permalink

but wait! Kevin is no longer with Disney!

"It took less than a year for Kevin to realize that he was, in fact, an absolutely terrible executive. He's much better at making cartoons than he is trying to act all grown-up and serious in a boardroom.

Kevin has since returned to wearing Chuck Taylors, and is available for consulting, creative development, freelance producing, and the like. If you're buying, he's also available for cocktails."

http://www.crypticent.com/bio_kgamble.html

View Profile of webwide Send a personal message to webwide  Email webwide Goto the website of webwide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-28 9:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-28 13:18, webwide wrote:
"Kevin .... is available for .... freelance producing, and .... if you're buying, he's also available for cocktails."

So,... as long as I'm buying the drinks, he may be willing to listen to my on-spec idea for the new series, "The Tiki Bar at the End of the Universe"?

AceExplorer
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2017-07-03 7:23 pm   Permalink

December 25, 2009, was the last released episode of Tiki Bar TV. That's almost 8 years ago.

Just sayin' that I miss the show, especially the earlier episodes.

Here's a tip o' the old tiki hat (whatever that might be) to Dr. Tiki, Johnny Johnny, Lala, and the cast of characters and the crew.

Looks like the episodes are still downloadable from iTunes, so someone is still paying for the bandwidth, thank the tiki gods!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
webwide
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-07-03 8:55 pm   Permalink

Wow - sure was a blast from the past to see a notification pop up in my email from this forum!

First, I can't believe my old email still forwards to me. Haven't used it in forever. All updated now. Had to change password and everything...

I can't believe it's been that long! *sigh* I am so nostalgic now.

View Profile of webwide Send a personal message to webwide  Email webwide Goto the website of webwide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bam Bam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-07-04 04:59 am   Permalink

Even coming super late to the party I can say I'm a big fan of TBTV. You can tell they had so much fun putting it all together.

View Profile of Bam Bam Send a personal message to Bam Bam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation