FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Lushy at the Waldorf Hotel, Vancouver - Saturday, July 30th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Lushy at the Waldorf Hotel, Vancouver - Saturday, July 30th
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 8:13 pm   Permalink

woofmutt,
That mean you're coming up for the show?!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 9:51 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a great opportunity to smuggle back some Havana Club Rum! Anyone here have a hollow leg I can fill up?

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-08 01:59 am   Permalink

This hotel is no so bad either, the location is good. It's your basic chain hotel.
They're advertising a 'hot deal' for Vancouver ($139/night) that includes parking.
www.sandmanhotels.com/hotels/bc/vancouver.asp

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-08 10:22 am   Permalink

AND the Sandman is super close to Funhauser & Chinatown!

I didn't know that was a Sandman.
When I went to school at VCC(1997-'98) I walked past the Shark Club many times and never even noticed the hotel. Guess I had other stuff on the mind. ha.

Unless I get a room mate, or hear that others will be staying at the Blue Horizon, I'll do the Sandman. I plan on getting some mugs n stuff from Funhauser, so less distance to cart them around is always better.

Also, a sky train station is right beside GM place, for other adventures. There is also a Pacific Coach Lines(PCL) bus stop right close to there, for people that might be flying in(Our Alberta Brethren)

Thanks Pepe!

-Tw

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-08 12:26 pm   Permalink

I still think we should have a big slumber party at Funhauser...

Then again a store full of mugs and rum filled TC'ers may not mix to well.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-08 2:51 pm   Permalink

Here's some pics of the Waldorf from 2003 (when Lushy played there for a New Year's Show), you can get the idea of what the Tahitian Lounge is like :

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAOHDJmxaOWbEKg

Thank you to Bella from Lushy for sharing these photos !

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-08 9:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-08 10:22, Tikiwahine wrote:
Also, a sky train station is right beside GM place, for other adventures. There is also a Pacific Coach Lines(PCL) bus stop right close to there, for people that might be flying in (Our Alberta Brethren)

Actually, we're talking about driving. Tiki road trip!

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-08 10:45 pm   Permalink

....Unless I get a room mate, or hear that others will be staying at the Blue Horizon...

OHMIGOD! The Blue Horizon! We stayed there when I was a kid and just this past May I was sleuthing the internet trying to find it. I want to stay there again soooo bad!!

Then last month I found an old Blue Horizon postcard in the basement and I about screamed (it doesn't take much to excite me).

If I can find a ride out of Olympia or Seattle with someone I would consider going and room with you Tikiwahine...(if you'll have me!)

I'm going to go see if I can find some old pics and that postcard and let you guys see them... back later.

Ok... i found one photo so far. This is Aunt Emma and me on the balcony. I scanned the photo against the wild dress she was actually wearing since I own it (I think this was the summer of 1970). I wonder if those buildings in the background are still there and if I could figure out which room we had by the photo...

The Blue Horizon was so cool as a kid...so high up (or so it seemed) and they had a pool!

[ This Message was edited by: Exoticat 2005-07-08 23:48 ]

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-09 8:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-08 22:45, Exoticat wrote:
If I can find a ride out of Olympia or Seattle with someone I would consider going and room with you Tikiwahine...(if you'll have me

Todd and i plan on leaving Seattle, on Saturday ~ staying overnight~ and come home on Sunday. you're welcome to ride with us!

(we're nonsmoking, fairly fun, and definitely not serial killers) message me an we'll work out details!

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 10:27 am   Permalink

"That mean you're coming up for the show?" -Tikiwahine

Unlikely. For reasons of national security I'm required to stay on American soil during the next 6 months. I would tell you more, but if I did there is a very delicious fudge recipe that could be compromised.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 5:00 pm   Permalink

Finally got the photos online. These are scans of postcards from the 1950s of The Polynesian Room and Tahitian Room at the Waldorf Hotel in Vancouver, B.C.

Enjoy!

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAM2jhwxcsXLgg

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 11:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who posted photos and links pertaining to this event. Funhauser sure looks like a good time and a must see!!

Dogbytes and Tikiwahine...got your messages and will be in touch with you very soon.

I finally got a chance to scan my Blue Horizon postcard. Actual postcard size is 3.5 x 5.5" but I scanned it a little bit bigger to show more details. My brother claims the year was 1968.

I will stay wherever everyone wants...if I just see the Blue Horizon in person again I'll be satisfied. Maybe shoot some digitals of it.

I hope they still make Macintosh toffee in Canada because I'm going to load up dogbytes vehicle with it (like a supply good for the next 10 years?!?).

Where's Travellin' Tiki...she needs to know about this party...

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 11:52 pm   Permalink

Hmmm if this is a tiki road trip i just might have to bring my video camera and do a little bit of filming. Monkeyskull can only ban my camera at HIS house.

Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 08:41 am   Permalink

As far as I know they still make Macintosh's toffee, but I haven't had any since I was a kid. That stuff is excellent for removing loose fillings (and even ones that aren't all that loose).

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-12 12:43 pm   Permalink

holysmokes. i reserved a room at the blue horizon. it was 225 ! cripes! ~ evidently july 30 starts the week of some sorta canadian celebration.. so our "deluxe" room has the 'fireworks view".. geez, i bet we wont even be there during the display!

ah well.. i'l keep trying back to see if a cheaper room opens up.

e

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation