FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Lushy at the Waldorf Hotel, Vancouver - Saturday, July 30th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Lushy at the Waldorf Hotel, Vancouver - Saturday, July 30th
Velvet Ruby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 3:54 pm   Permalink

Yay! something is happening HERE for a change! haha! I actually live about a 5 minute walk from the waldorf.. **cough cough.. not a major selling point of this apartment at ALL.. nope nope.. ** The funny thing is that I tried to go to this show about two weeks ago (I was that eager..) and obviously messed up the dates. The entrance to the room it's in is off the lower parking lot (on the left if you're facing the hotel)
looking forward to meeting everyone in person!

J

[ This Message was edited by: Velvet Ruby 2005-07-14 18:15 ]

View Profile of Velvet Ruby Send a personal message to Velvet Ruby  Goto the website of Velvet Ruby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Velvet Ruby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 6:13 pm   Permalink

ps.. if you don't want to make the trek to north van, there's The Reef on Main st.

(caribbean food $10-15 entree range)

http://www.thereefrestaurant.com/

also Typhoon at main and broadway is pretty good I've heard..
or this place I've never tried just off commercial which is very near the waldorf

(brazilian food - inexpensive cafe style place)
http://www.foodvancouver.com/restaurant-review.php?restaurant=82

View Profile of Velvet Ruby Send a personal message to Velvet Ruby  Goto the website of Velvet Ruby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 7:44 pm   Permalink

The Reef!
We have one a block from my work, their food is fantastic!

Hasn't seemed to have caught on over here yet, it's always very quiet.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-15 09:26 am   Permalink

I still like Peps suggestion in North Van... plus the SeaBus is the only cruise the wife and I can afford these days! hehehe

Pep you got any more details to share... not personal ones though!

View Profile of roadkutter Send a personal message to roadkutter  Email roadkutter Goto the website of roadkutter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 10:06 am   Permalink

Yup, I'm still on for Raglans, I was just sayin' cuz I like their food.

I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 10:35 am   Permalink

I've been in contact with emspace and he's coming to the gig. Says he doesn't check TC very often but he'd kick himself if he missed this.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 12:38 pm   Permalink

Hey fellow Waldorfians!
I'm checking with Rumbletone Productions re: tickets & show time and I'll post as soon as I find out. I'm also making reservations today with Raglan's, I'm sure we'll be able to add more people if necessary.
I may have a few other surprises up my sleeve...stay tuned!!

PS> Roadkutter, so glad you & the Mrs. are joining in on the fun!!
(I think baby Roadkutter will be listening in on all the action)

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 1:53 pm   Permalink

Velvet Ruby - i love your name

Sweet Daddy Tiki - good work on the recruiting--keep it up!

Pepe - "I may have a few other surprises up my sleeve...stay tuned!!" *surprises?!?* Now yer talkin' my language! I should plan some as well...heh heh Too bad I'm insanely busy in my life right now (but not so busy that I can't occasionally pop in here for a couple minutes!)

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-15 3:32 pm   Permalink

count us in for dinner too!

and looks like Tikiwahine is off the hook ~ Travellin Tiki emailed a reply to the Call for Canadians ..

Waldorf! Waldorf! Waldorf!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 3:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-15 15:32, dogbytes wrote:
and looks like Tikiwahine is off the hook ~ Travellin Tiki emailed a reply to the Call for Canadians ..

See I TOLD you I'm no serial killer!
We already have too many in the Northwest anyhow.

Tiki'AintNoHomolka'Wahine

Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 9:13 pm   Permalink

OK folks, here's some info!
Re: The show.... starts at 9pm / tickets are $10
Re: Dinner @ Raglan's.... reservations have been made for 6pm (16 of us sofar!)
Everyone is welcome to join in on all or part of the adventure at anytime.
I'm going to close my store early so we can join in on the fun too (haven't decided what time I'm opening on Sunday yet ...ah, the perks of owning your own business!) Those of you that were planning to drop by the shop, the store is open to you all exclusively 3:30-5pm. (kind of a kick start to the evening's festivities)
I think we should meet in front of the Seabus Station at Cordova St. & Seymour St. at 5:30pm.
2 hours at Raglan's should be ample time to cocktail and dine and that would give us an hour to get to the Waldorf for the real party to begin!

PS> I always knew you were innocent Tikiwahine!

[ This Message was edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2005-07-16 09:19 ]

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-16 12:22 pm   Permalink

Selector Lopaka and I are up for dinner & drinks at Raglan's too, count us in !

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-16 7:17 pm   Permalink

Well it looks as if I am not going to be able to road trip with the other Alberta boys. Work and Family commitments are wreaking havoc on that idea.
But the good news is that since I work for a Airline I am going to try and jump a flight out on saturday morning and then fly home sunday some time. Where I am gonna sleep will be worked out later( i have a few options).
For you guys in Vancouver how hard is it to get to Funhauser from the airport or the the seabus to meet with everyone. I may have to waste time during the day if I fly out early that day, If anyone has nothing going on I would love to meet earlier and see some sites with you.

Look forward to seeing everyone ,I too have a surprise to bring with me....

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-16 11:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-16 19:17, rodeotiki wrote:
Where I am gonna sleep will be worked out later( i have a few options).

The beach is always an option
(i'm kidding)

You can rename the Alberta boys' road trip "The Dwindling Party" -- we're down to two. But now there's lots of room in the car for all the tiki mugs and Witco fountains we're going to find in Kamloops.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-16 11:29 pm   Permalink

That's right... Witco Fountains, plural. We don't wanna have to fight over who gets to keep just one...

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation