FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Lushy at the Waldorf Hotel, Vancouver - Saturday, July 30th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Lushy at the Waldorf Hotel, Vancouver - Saturday, July 30th
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 4:45 pm   Permalink

Sabina, you guys are now on the list! Woohoo, It just gets better!!!

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 4:59 pm   Permalink

I am so happy and looking forward to this
let us do the dance of joy

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 5:12 pm   Permalink

Rodeo, i am excited for the same reason as you...long time no vacation... N E E D one D E S P E R A T E L Y!!!

Here's the dance of joy (there were quite a few to choose from on google):

Welcome Sabina and Oaktiki to our group! Yay! for non-NW people joining us.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 5:17 pm   Permalink

These guys first came to mind:

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-26 03:09 am   Permalink

Happy happy Joy joy!

Yeah- EXACTLY like that!

Thanks so much for adding us in!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-26 11:13 am   Permalink

For those of you that may be in town on the Friday night looking for something to do I know of 2 GREAT traditional Rockabilly-Roots Bands that will be playing at The World Famous Marine Club, 573 Home Street.

Friday the 29th, Cousine Harley, The Pete Turland Band will be playing the Marine. I have seen these guys a tonne of times and it's never a letdown.

Cousine Harley (aka Paul Pigat) has earned a reputation as one of the best guitarists around. His style is deeply rooted in the playing of Les Paul, Charlie Christian and Link Wray with a modern hotrod twist.

Pete Turland has played with the likes of Ray Condo, Pinetop Perkins, Harpdog Brown, Wanda Jackson, Sonny Burgess and the list goes on and on. (info from website)

Sorry about the promotion but these guys are friends and are truely amazing. It's probably a 7 dollar show for 2 bands... only 3.50 a band, not bad!

View Profile of roadkutter Send a personal message to roadkutter  Email roadkutter Goto the website of roadkutter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 5:24 pm   Permalink

Hey Pep,

Can you add Mr and Mrs tiki-riviera to the dinner at Raglans list? Looking forward to meeting everyone!

As long as everyone has up to date vaccinations there shouldn't be any outbreaks....

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-27 09:31 am   Permalink

All those coming from South of the border, please declair all Tiki Bobs as there will be a cavity search for those trying to smuggle Bob into the country!

Or I can save you the pain by you sending Bob directly to me to forever hold... I'm only doing this to make your trip a little less uncomfortable!

Canada needs BOBS!

View Profile of roadkutter Send a personal message to roadkutter  Email roadkutter Goto the website of roadkutter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 09:34 am   Permalink

I may be flying out on friday night now. Might try and check out the show that Roadkutter suggested . Anyone else got friday plans?

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 11:26 am   Permalink

Tiki-Riviera you guys are on the list for all the evening's debauchery (including dinner)!
We've now reached capacity for dinner (27 of us)! It's going to be cozy!
If there's anybody that wants to join in after today, there will definitely be no problem getting in to the Lushy/Waldorf show, just make sure you get there before 10pm ($10 cover).
Just to recap the suggested time table for 'Holy Crap! It's a Tiki Event in Vancouver 2005' (name subject to change):
3:30-5pm: all are welcome to visit
Funhauser Decor
5:30pm: meet in front of the Seabus Waterfront Station (Cordova St. at the foot of Seymour St.)
6pm-8:30ish: Raglan's Bistro for dinner and drinks
8:30-9:30pm make our way back via Seabus then bus &/or taxi to the Waldorf (loads of time to get there)
9:30ish-10pm: arrive at the Waldorf (1489 E. Hastings St.) to see the show (and the venue!).

I'm REALLY looking forward to meeting all you TC folk!!!
This is what makes Tiki Central so great....Thanks Hanford for all your work!!!!

This also makes me realize the potential for a full-on annual Tiki Event in Vancouver, something many of us have been pondering for a while.
Stay tuned.....

[ This Message was edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2005-07-27 12:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2005-07-27 16:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2005-07-27 18:01 ]

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 11:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-27 09:34, rodeotiki wrote:
I may be flying out on friday night now. Might try and check out the show that Roadkutter suggested . Anyone else got friday plans?

RT, call me if you get in to town on Friday, we might be persuaded. I definitely will be conserving energy for Saturday so it won't be a late night for us!

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 12:33 pm   Permalink

Thansk for all yr organizational work on this Pepe.

Would I be asking to much to see a roll call list? I wanna make sure I'm on there (And I'm curious to see who else is coming)...

Thanks again!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 4:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks for reminding me Slacks! I knew there was something else...
Here's the list of folks that have posted & pm'd me to date for all the evening's adventures, including dinner (in no particular order);
Puamana & Selector Lopaka
Dogbytes & guest
Exoticat
Tikiwahine
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Slacks Ferret
Rodeotiki & 2 guests
Crowntiki & guest
Mr. & Mrs. Roadkutter
Sabina & Oaktiki
Velvet Ruby & guest
TabooDan & 3 guests
Mr. & Mrs. Tiki-Riviera
myself & guest
Let me know if I left anyone out!!
I haven't heard from emspace but I'm sure we could squeeze one or two in.

Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 5:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-27 11:26, Pepe le Tiki wrote:
This also makes me realize the potential for a full-on annual Tiki Event in Vancouver, something many of us have been pondering for a while.
Stay tuned.....

Hmm, sounds like you're volunteering for the job of President & CEO. Sounds like a lot of work but I know you'll do a great job.

Seriously, thanks for all the organizing you've put into this event. I hope funhauser sets an all time sales record on saturday.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 6:15 pm   Permalink

Less than 2 days till the mayhem starts.

On side note I have some extra room in my luggage and if someone was interested I could bring this guy with me. Pm me for details and price
See ya soon

[ This Message was edited by: rodeotiki 2005-07-28 09:40 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation